E85 and Oil Changes

BirdofPrey97

Was standing at the Ford counter today awaiting my truck to be brought to me and saw that they had the 2010 service recommendations listed, so I had the time and read them.

They were taking engines that had standard 7,500 mile oil changes and saying that went to 3,000 when E85 was used.

Haven't looked anything up yet, but found that interesting. No, I don't own anything that runs E85, so never had a reason to look into it.

Most of us change our oil at the 3000 or less range anyway with the SCs, but just something I learned today.

Last edited:
Was standing at the Ford counter today awaiting my truck to be brought to me and saw that they had the 2010 service recommendations listed, so I had the time and read them.

They were taking engines that had standard 7,500 mile oil changes and saying that went to 3,000 when E85 was used.

Haven't looked anything up yet, but found that interesting.

I know most of us change our oil at the 3000 range anyway with the SCs or less, but just something I learned today.

That's interesting, I didn't know that. My Super Coupe runs on E85 but I change the oil in it every three months or 3000 miles. I usually hit three months before I hit 3000 miles though. lol I just drive it around town.

Back