msd ignition

kw90supercoupe

Does anybody know what part number msd ignition fits on the 90 supercoupe. My local speed shop can't find me one for my car.

I use it as a 2 step and timing retard. On the starting line I'm at 3800rpm with 15degrees retard. With no retard it barely spools the turbo. At 15 pulled I can make whatever boost I want. 3/4 pedal nets around 15psi. I release the button and go wot. Think max rev limit is set a couple hundred higher than my setting in BE.

No retart for me.....but I do use it for max rev limit as well

I like the MSD soft limiter for max revs a lot better than the stock limiter. Even with the Fast XFI I've got on my turbo car, I use the MSD digital 6 plus box for controlling max rpms. I'm not using any timing retard either, because I've got an automatic transmission and don't need to retard the timing to spool the turbo. If anything the timing is advanced to get it up on the converter quicker.

Just curious how much harder I could launch my 91 SC if I had a trans brake and 2 step limiter. Right now I seem to be stuck right around 1.61X and don't want to go any looser on the converter or change the gears from 3.73s to 4.10s

David

My converter stalls on the trans break at about 4600 rpm and i' ve been launching off the trans break at 4200 rpm.

Gears are 373 like yours and my 60's recently have been 1.55 or lower. Car with driver weighs 3650

Back