Tires

tim

I thought I would ask you guys for an opinin on tires. So I ran drag radials a couole of years ago and had to switch to slicks last year due to losy track prep at Union Grove. This year I will be mostly racing at byron which has better prep. I read that slicks can cost 50- 100 hp. Is that possible? I want to go back to drg radials for the track because they are a tad smaller diameter. I was hoping thet will hook and give me a couple 10s. Any light you guys can shed on this will be appreciated. Tim:D

I thought I would ask you guys for an opinin on tires. So I ran drag radials a couole of years ago and had to switch to slicks last year due to losy track prep at Union Grove. This year I will be mostly racing at byron which has better prep. I read that slicks can cost 50- 100 hp. Is that possible? I want to go back to drg radials for the track because they are a tad smaller diameter. I was hoping thet will hook and give me a couple 10s. Any light you guys can shed on this will be appreciated. Tim:D

I use Mickey Thompson 255/50/r16 drag radials. My car makes 314rwhp and 459rwtq and they hook up great on a lousy prepped track. Just let the tire pressure down and do a good burnout and you're good to go.

Tats what im hoping for. I make 484 on the bottle and it come on right out of the hole. If I have to can raise the window switch so the nitrous comes on a little later.

My best has been 11.8. I was hoping for a 11.5 or better. My Mickey Thompson drag radials were a tad shorter. I have a 3:06 rear gear cause of the german trans gearing. I just want to try a few differant combos. I have everything done to my car short of boring and stroking for more cubes. Eblebrok makes a really nice blower kit for my car. I wonder if it whines like an SC. Believe me guys when I tell you I really miss my Red SC. If there is any way at all Im going to the mext shootout.:D

Back