? about crankcase vacuum

fasttruck93l

Got everything buttoned up and car runs great. It seems to have more power all throughout rpm range. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a lot of crank case vacuum? It was running and I bumped the oil dipstick and heard sucking coming from it. I pulled the dipstick out an inch and it sucked hard for a second or two then balanced out. The pcv is hooked up. Wondering if I needed something on the other valve cover to balance that out?

Sounds like you have no PCV air intake on the opposite valve cover? It should be connected to the intake tube after the MAFS.

I guess that may cause idle issues too? It needs to use air that's already been metered. If it uses any other source, it won't run right. I gotcha. I plugged that off before because of vacuum leaks. Will hook it back up and see what I come up with. Thanks for the advice.

Stock PCV systems circulate metered air from the opposite valve cover through the crankcase then through the PCV to the intake.

If you vent the crankcase, the PCV system will pull unmetered air disrupting the idle strategy.

If the crankcase has no air inlet, the PCV system will pull a vacuum on the crankcase.

Back