gas pedal

tmz93sc

i have been having a problem with the gas pedal sticking on my 93 sc lately. say im at a light i go to give it gas and i really have to use some force to get it loose. it doesnt happen all the time, once in a while. first thing i did was check the the throttle linkage and it looks ok. i sprayed some wd-40 on the gas pedal assembly has any one ever had this issue ?

The throttle is cable actuated. I would be looking for a frayed cable at either the pedal or throttle side. Also look at the kickdown linkage. My bet is a bad cable.

Yes, on occasion. I remove the throttle cable from the throttle body, Make a pass or two around the ball with some sandpaper on the linkage. Then I put just a dab o' grease on the little ball. I then reattach the cable, work it manually a few times. It's worked for me so far.

Last edited:
Mine sticks sometimes when I go 3/4 or more. It can be scary pulling out and then bam pedal sticks. Thank god for the clutch. That reminds me I need to order one so I can replace it when I get back from Afghanistan.

Yes, on occasion. I remove the throttle cable from the throttle body, Make a pass or two around the ball on the linkage. Then I put just a dab o' grease on the little ball. I then reattach the cable, work it manually a few times. It's worked for me so far.

ill have to give this a try and see what happens

I was having this problem and finally figured out my aftermarket pedal screws were sticking to the carpet :eek: scary stuff!

anyway just another angle i thought I would share

The throttle blade may also be sticking in the bore of the throttle body. I would suggest taking off the rubber intake hose and checking it out manually.

Also, when you put the hose back on, make sure that the PCV hose is inserted correctly into the bottom of the intake hose, up near the air filter. (Totally separate issue, but it's easy to dislodge it when moving the hose around.)

The throttle blade may also be sticking in the bore of the throttle body. I would suggest taking off the rubber intake hose and checking it out manually.

Also, when you put the hose back on, make sure that the PCV hose is inserted correctly into the bottom of the intake hose, up near the air filter. (Totally separate issue, but it's easy to dislodge it when moving the hose around.)

it has a professional products power throttle body, 75mm i remember reading on here that they were junk. i really cant recall having this problem with the stock tb

it has a professional products power throttle body, 75mm i remember reading on here that they were junk. i really cant recall having this problem with the stock tb

I think the PP throttle body is decent ... for the money .... which is like $100 less than the BBK one. I am not even sure which of the two is available anymore. I thought BBK was made in America vs. the PP Chinese origin, but I don't know that for sure.

Yes, the PP one can have some issues ... but most of them can be overcome. Take a look, see if it really binds or not. You can adjust the stop screw to prevent that. There may be a little too much airflow at that point, making idle speed difficult to manage. but you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

Yes, on occasion. I remove the throttle cable from the throttle body, Make a pass or two around the ball with some sandpaper on the linkage. Then I put just a dab o' grease on the little ball. I then reattach the cable, work it manually a few times. It's worked for me so far.

i gave this a try and it seemed to work. there was a lot of black residue on the little ball.

im still in debate of buying the 70mm BBK or 75m PP. But ive never had much great luck with sub standard products like PP lol. Do i really need the extra 5mm?

Back