MAF the problem?

superdadsc

I have been having issues lately. The car has bucked, surged, almost didn't get it home, then it was a little better. Sometimes it would stall and start right up again.

I replaced the DIS ignition module. Same issue. The car has a new rebuilt engine. New O2 sensors
The cam sensor is MSD and looks new.

I bought a new cam sensor, crank sensor and new plug wires just to be safe after reading threads. I haven't installed these yet.

I was looking over the car and checked the MAF. It was loose, almost hanging there. I pluged it back in and took her for a spin almost afraid to hit the gas. She purred like a kitten. I only drove a couple miles and had to get her home. (mama bear gets itchy if I spend to much time with the SC):rolleyes:

I will clean it tomorrow but could the MAF cause those type of problems?

Or did it decide to run OK for a few minutes. Time will tell tomorrow but I am curious to know if that could cause those issues?

Stephen

That could've been your problem. The MAF being unplugged wouldn't send the computer the information that it needs for the fuel pump to supply the correct amount of fuel. That's my guess.

Drive it a little tomorrow and see how it does during easy driving until you know it's doing better. I hope it's fixed.

unplugged maf will set a CEL unless it was making connection off and on then might not have been disconnected long enough at one time to set of a code

If I remember correctly though mine didnt run that crappy (it ran crappy) when I drove with maf disconnected

It was the problem!:D:D:D It must have been loose enough but still connecting or something. The issue is solved which will save a bunch of money trying to figure it out and with two little kids and the holidays I am very happy!

If it wasn't for this forum and it's knowledge I wouldn't be able to own it as so few mechanics understand our cars.

I read about every thread that was written on surging and bucking there is. I will have to post what happened with mine so someone in the future will check it out as a possible issue. Usually it was DIS, cam,crank,plugs or wires.

Thanks for the reply's

Very nice I love easy fixes...if you can hang on to those spare sensors and wires as u will prob need them sometime in the future

Back