Several questions

gaetz1985

Hello all nice to meet everyone.. Im hopping over here after a few friends from moddedmustangs sent me this way..swapping a super coupe engine into my 2000 mustang 5 speed car using factory mustang harness and computer. Regaurdless I have a custom blower hat, dual SC ICs, long tube headers, a .500+ lift cam, LS6 valve springs, 4.6 ford retainers, 100hp shot of nitrous.... I'm sure I'm forgetting something..I'm not sure what cold air I'll be running yet, my plan is to setup the purge to where I can freeze my intercoolers when need be with it...i have yet to decide about IC placement.. how small of a pulley should/can i go with on the m90?
I have plenty more questions but give me more time to think..lol..
oh ya..anybody know what kind of power Ill be looking at..btw this isnt a dream build I have all mentioned juat need to measure my pushrod lengths and order and assemble..

does that supercharger have an oval or rectangular rear port? If rectangular port then look into a magnum powers inlet for excellent flow with an 85mm throttle body. Pulleys can be manipulated with the jackshaft pulley, blower pulley, and crank pulley. You can shoot for 15% overdrive from the stock pulley. I don't have all the pulley sizes off the top of my head but I'm sure someone will be able to get more specific for you.

What is your power goal?

I would like to get close to 400hp. its a 93 supercoupe engine I have here... So are you talking about an aftermarket plenum or?
Edit: nevermind Im half awake.. Yeah its oval.. :(

I would like to get close to 400hp. its a 93 supercoupe engine I have here... So are you talking about an aftermarket plenum or?
Edit: nevermind Im half awake.. Yeah its oval.. :(

Poor blower for anything performance wise. Your going to need to invest a ton of money to get close to 400 hp. To do that your going to need a twin screw blower or turbo

Ken

Ya ya its always about investing a ton of money.. Resources.. Resources.. All I have to say.. Regardless what will I be looking at w what I have..ill have paperwok for what its making the day its started..just askin for fun... Not how much itll cost...ive even been donated parts for this build from my fellow MM members..so lets set cost aside..

ported big valve heads
ported intake
60 lb injectors
MPX blower case with MP inlet plenum
10% overdrive crank pulley
10% overdrive jackshaft pulley
5% overdrive blower pulley
MP tensioner springs
85mm throttle body
80mm or 85mm MAF
front mount IC
headers w/ 2.5" collector
2.5-3.5-2.5 exhaust system
custom tune

should put you at easy 400 crank and probably north of 370 at the wheels

From what I'm seeing and reading so far, I'b be betting on 250-275HP at the wheels on the motor, with 100 shot you ought to be on target.....Dan

Last edited:
Planned on mounting dual ics on each side of my bumper pad or will I beneift more from a single large ic..i am piping intercooler w 3" exhaust..i can bend it right here..I have the big collector headers..theyre longtubes, my heads are gasket port and polished..i havnt picked up the maf I want yet I need suggestions.. Whos makes a good pulley kit for the keyed shaft m90s and how small can I go? Have 255 walbro pump and switched my mustang to return style..have access to 39lb injectors but have read and been told the 30s will do the job no problem. Im trying to think of anymore.

The full exhaust is longtubes to prochamber to slp lm2s.. Pretty free...

And oh yeah..custom tune lol..im using factory mustang 2000 harness and ecm and have a huge cam... A tune wasnt really needing mention I didnt think..

Last edited:
Planned on mounting dual ics on each side of my bumper pad or will I beneift more from a single large ic..i am piping intercooler w 3" exhaust..i can bend it right here..I have the big collector headers..theyre longtubes, my heads are gasket port and polished..i havnt picked up the maf I want yet I need suggestions.. Whos makes a good pulley kit for the keyed shaft m90s and how small can I go? Have 255 walbro pump and switched my mustang to return style..have access to 39lb injectors but have read and been told the 30s will do the job no problem. Im trying to think of anymore.

And oh yeah..custom tune lol..im using factory mustang 2000 harness and ecm and have a huge cam... A tune wasnt really needing mention I didnt think..

If your mounting (2) stock ICs than they will do little to no good. You will need a big FMIC. Piping for the IC in 3" is just over kill. Ported & polished head will get you very little gain as they need bigger valves which opens up the bowl area under the heads for good flow which you will need. To small a pulley and you will have massive belt slip. A overdrive crank pulley and or J/S pulley will help there. You will need at a minimum a 85MM throttle body and MAF At least 60 lb injectors and a bigger fuel pump than the 255. A real strong cam which will require matching springs and valvetrain. And since all that is so far from factory, a chip and some serious tuning.

Ken

These places can each provide the smaller SC pulley, overdrive Crank Pulley or overdrive JS pulley for the supercharger. As mentioned earlier, the best place to overdrive the supercharger is from the jackshaft pulley or crank pulley, because going smaller on the supercharger pulley reduces the belt surface area and makes belt slip more likely. Smallest supercharger snout pulley is around 2.75" diameter for about 10% overdrive.

http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/

http://spinningwheels-sc.com/

http://www.magnumpowers.com/

David

Ive been looking on pulleyboys.com and they have blower pullies so small you have to machine the snout to put them on for the super coupe.. I never thought about the slippage so reps to you, thank you..why would I need 60lb injectors? I know a guy from the v6kr supercoupe mustang project the ran 39s a and return style system and his car was nasssty....now its LS powered..anyway.. I have access to a huge 31x10x3 fmic for cheap I just thought duals worked just as well..heard alot of you guys ran em... And how is 3" overkill...the outlet for my blower hat is 3" and so is the inlet/outlet on that IC..

Upgraded valvetrain...LS6 beehive springs w mustang gt retainers..have to measure pushrod lengths still yet....

Is there anything I can pull that size maf and TB off of factory?

Last edited:
Ive been looking on pulleyboys.com and they have blower pullies so small you have to machine the snout to put them on for the super coupe.. I never thought about the slippage so reps to you, thank you..why would I need 60lb injectors? I know a guy from the v6kr supercoupe mustang project the ran 39s a and return style system and his car was nasssty....now its LS powered..anyway.. I have access to a huge 31x10x3 fmic for cheap I just thought duals worked just as well..heard alot of you guys ran em... And how is 3" overkill...the outlet for my blower hat is 3" and so is the inlet/outlet on that IC..

Upgraded valvetrain...LS6 beehive springs w mustang gt retainers..have to measure pushrod lengths still yet....

Is there anything I can pull that size maf and TB off of factory?

At 421RWHP my 60 lb injectors were almost maxed out. Just because someone runs small injectors doesnt mean they are ok. A lot of 400+ cars here have gone to 80lbers. Part of tuning is knowing the duty cycle of the injectors and not running them all maxed out. The M90 is a small blower, about 1.5L, you can run 3" if you like but it is a waste, there is nothing to be gained, same with the 3" top. It is just way more than is needed to make good power. Bolt a 2.3 Whipple on your motor than put 3" tubes on it. A big IC is a real plus since you plan on spinning the heck out of the M90. You will find the early blower (oval inlet) is going to generate a ton of heat and kill performance. To make big HP all the mods have to work together to perform.

Ken

I'm with Ken on injector size....my car is at about 425rwhp and the 60lb injectors run at over 90% duty cycle at 42lb base fuel pressure.

on the injectors i really doubt 30s will be up for the job

i think some people do use 30s for a naturally aspirated v8 that makes about 400hp at crank because my 2000 Gt has 30s and its just over 350hp at 75 duty cycle
im using my old supercoupe injectors on it

any how

i found this it could explain the difference of why you need bigger injectors in a forced induction v6 car

EXAMPLE: [(Injector Size) x (# of Injectors) x (Duty Cycle)] / BSFC
Naturally Aspirated: (19lb x 8 x .9) / .50 = 273.6 or approx 275 HP @ 90% capacity
Centrifugal Supercharged: (19lb x 8 x .9) / .55 = 248.7 or approx 250 HP @ 90% capacity
Roots Supercharged: (19lb x 8 x .9) / .65 = 210.5 or approx 210 HP @ 90% capacity
INJECTOR SIZE NATURALLY ASPIRATED ROOTS SUPERCHARGED
19 LB/HR 275 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle 210 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle
24 LB/HR 350 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle 265 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle
30 LB/HR 425 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle 330 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle
36 LB/HR 520 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle 400 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle
42 LB/HR 600 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle 465 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle
50 LB/HR 720 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle 550 HP @ 90% Duty Cycle

all these numbers were on 8 injectors... so
that being said
i believe it be something like this
30lb X 6injectors X .9 (90% duty cycle) / .65 roots
will = 249.23
so with 30s ur able to make about 250hp

this is why ford used 30s on early supercoupes rated at 210hp
and 36s on late models rated at 230 hp

well this is my opinion i think this is how it kinda works :D

i think ur better off with 60s so you have enough range for your goal and room for improvement as well

and so on you can find the whole article here

http://www.schofieldcomputer.com/myCoupe/documents/Properly_Sizing_Fuel_System_Components.pdf

Last edited:
.. I have access to a huge 31x10x3 fmic for cheap I just thought duals worked just as well..heard alot of you guys ran em...

I misunderstood you before. When I said that the dual IC's were common, I was referring to the dual IC's like Ken makes, not two seperate IC's. I was under the impression you were looking to make a dual IC yourself.

Damn I run into you everywhere..glad to see you too.. So bigger injectors and lightning maf..what tb? so I need to bail on two separate..this is my first run so all input is appreciated...the picture is the spots I planned on mounting the sc ic's..

And rod youre swift w the fuel system.. What size injectors? I remember you saying 30s woild be fine..

Attachments

• 1351826902191.jpg
    1351826902191.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 41
Damn I run into you everywhere..glad to see you too.. So bigger injectors and lightning maf..what tb? so I need to bail on two separate..this is my first run so all input is appreciated...the picture is the spots I planned on mounting the sc ic's..

And rod youre swift w the fuel system.. What size injectors? I remember you saying 30s woild be fine..

Yes, bail on the idea of two seperate IC's. 30lb injectors were fine when you were planning on sticking with a stock SC engine. You really need to decide what you're doing before picking the injectors. For your current plans now, 60lb injectors would likely be best suited for the job.

Wow..thats alot bigger step than I thought..i keep lucking across parts for hardly anything so my plans change repeatedly.. Heck I think im right at the $1500 mark now and that includes buying the car w smashed front and fixing it all too...

Throttle body

Also quick note on the Throttle body
DONT buy a thunderbird TB just yet make sure the bracket will work or you have a way to make it work
because the mustang cable has a different way to attach to the bracket

i had a 98 mustang with a supercoupe swap a couple years ago
and i had to use a 95 mustang gt the 5.0 throttle body for it to work

unless you wanna use some fab skills and weld the bracket and make it all work

once you start putting it together you will see what im talking about

Back