Who would like aluminum Jack shaft & SC pulleys?

Ryan A Harris

Who would like aluminum Jack shaft & 10% overdrive SC pulleys?

I was informed through another thread that there might be some interest in aluminum jack shaft pulleys. I was also thinking that I could make and sell the SC pulley too.

All pulleys will be made from 6061 T6 aluminum. That is a standard for things like this. Fully CNC machined. As a added bonus I mighed be able to get a hard annodizing, that will prevent easy dings, chips and such. But it make the pulley black, a shiny black, but still black. That will be a good way to go if you are going to get a 10% jackshaft to install at the track, the annodizing will make the life of the part last longer.

I will be offering stock size jackshafts for now, with possiblites in the future for 10% or smaller.

The SC pulley will be offered in a 5 or a 10% size.

I'm sure that all of you are asking how much. Well the ballpark figuer I can give now is, cheaper than ANY american maker of these. The actual price will be determined by the number of parts I make at once. My goal is to make 25 jack shafts, and 20 SC pulleys.

Please post if you are interested, along with the model year of the car(so I get all the tolerances correct). Let me know if you want the set of both the jacksahft and the SC pulley. Or just the one would like.

If you have any questions, please post them, I will do my best to answer them all!

Last edited:
Depending on price I am in also for a 90 sc aod. I would like them non anodized though, unless he can anodize them blue, :D

Ryan sorry but Rice is not an option. Really the colour annodizing is not the same as the hard annodizing. I don't have the resources for that Ryan.

I forgot to mention that there will be a "test" peice made for me to run on my car for a while to make sure that there are no suprises.

Hah, I didn't think he would do it anyways, :p

But yah, I am in anyways, lol. When will these be done? 5 months or so prolly?

JUST 8? yeah I'm going to make them 8 rib. This is JUST a low buck upgrade I'm offering. I'm not looking to go head to head with ESM here. The 10 rib system would include a new belt $$$ a new SC pulley $$$ plus there wider, which means more material used $$$.

8's for now, maybe down the road, when I get more $$$ and feed back, then the 10's. Aren't you running there ESM 10 rib now?

Yes I am, but I only run an 8 rib belt and SC pulley for now.

I was hoping you would be making 10 rib SC pulleys.

Oh well...

I'm definitely interested in an aluminum jackshaft pulley Ryan, but it depends on the cost vs. weight reduction.

I sent you an E-mail bud... get back to me after you have read it through.

With the ten rib set up, i would have to find the belt, and also make the 10 rib Sc pulley. You guys would be looking into some big $$. But if there is a lot, I mean everyone, then I'll TRY to make them for you guys.

As for an up date. The materail for the test peice came in today, with some luck I might have it on the car for the weekend. I'll keep all posted.

The 10% SC pulleys are little further down my list. I think it will be closer to the summer for those. I can't onlt ell you that I'm tring to make them for less money than the ones being offered now. If I can't, then I would make them.

The prototype jack shaft will be out of the machines some time next week(near the end of the week). I hope to be able to show it off to as many of the Ontario boys(and girls) as possible. Then I'd like to put on the car and run it for at least 2 oil changes before I start to sell them. 6,000km's is the target for my oil changes, so really thats not that long.

Ryan,

Any new developments here? Also, I finally got my new 75mm TB from Bill E. I'm really tight for time right now, and was wondering if you might have time to port out my spare intake plenum to match the bigger TB opening? What would it be worth to ya? I think you did this for Les, no?

Cheers,

Sean

I have no new news to report on the jackshafts as of yet. I'll be ready to tell you all how the prototype goes, once it's out and on my car.

I'll have no trouble poring out the inlet for ya. Ask a few of the guys who have seen mine, showed them @ the meet. Send me a email when you are ready for the port work.

Ryan,

This post will be unstuck in 24 hours. Please take the names of all interested parties so that you can keep in contact with future and developing info.

We are getting a little clogged up at the top of the board.

Yeah thats fine Bill, Iwas going to ask for one of yuo guys to unstick it by the weekend.

I'll be updating the thread once I have an update.

Back