Aftermarket Fuel Management...

Tnashua

Sorry if this issue has been addressed elsewhere- I've spent a half an hour looking, but haven't found what I'm looking for.
I am a car nut with way more vision/determination than time or money.
I had previously purchased a SC parts car to use the fuel injection system (wiring,computer,sensors etc.), but my project has morphed & now I wonder if I wouldn't be better off selling what I've got to a guy who is interested & buy aftermarket.

You guys that are making big HP numbers- what are you using?
I would like to make 500-600hp- probably closer to the 500 figure...

Here is what I'll be running:
305ci straight six
Hemispherical chambers
5.4L lightning supercharger
Pulley for 12psi
Split header, dual 2.5" exhaust
cut down semi intercooler 3.5" tubes
probably 60lb injectors (haven't bought them yet)

Please let me know what you're using, or what you recommend... I can look up what they cost, but if you want to provide that info too I'd appreciate it!
Thanks guys,

Most all of us still use the factory EEC with a quarter horse chip and Binary Editor to tune. There are a few with 500-600hp.

I only assume the SC EEC and sensors can be made to run a straight 6.

What are you going to put this motor in? And most of us use 80lb injectors to get there. Theoretically the 60's could get there but would be maxed.

Last edited:
I can't see why the SC EEC other than the fact that the engines will probably have different ignition systems.

For the fuel injectors you may want to look at 80lb injectors.

It'll go in my first car- a 1950 2 door coupe...
I'm certain that I can get it running, but will definately need help getting it tuned!!! Where do you get your chips/tuners & how much would I be looking at spending? Yeah- I was thinking 60lbs for 400-500hp, 80's for 500-600HP. I'll see how the head turns out before deciding...

prices?

The guy who's interested in my parts wants:
Supercharger & intake (doesn't he need the heads too?)
Computer
Harmonic balancer & other SC pulleys?!
Injectors
Wiring
All plumbing (assuming he wants the IC too)
I think he may have mentioned another part or two-
I think he should just buy the whole engine, but he doesn't think so. He's converting his n/a Mustang...
It looks as if I'll spend $2500-4500 on a replacement fuel & ignition control system (which is way out of my current budget), so what is a reasonable price to ask?
It has 150K on it & runs fine, but the SC snout seal is weeping.
I'm sure you guys will have different #'s but I am curious...

an m112 is not gonna get u in the 600 range

60lb injectors aint gonna cut it, 80s will only support ~700

the factory ecu is more than capable of handling anything u can throw at it

your best bet for ignition would be edis

3.5 IC piping is mad overkill, 3" is perfectly fine

the sc and na heads are basically the same so long as he doesnt have split ports

Back