got my dyno numbers back!!

bye-bye-birdy

sent my car to crt performance in norwalk ohio and all i can say is wow, made 267 rwhp and 384 rwtq, but my trans was sliping the whole time and finally went out, i am building a tci streetfighter trans and changing my rear gears to 3.73, i just wanted to say thanks to everyone, and can i see a more power to the rw when i get my new trans in?

those are good numbers depending on your mods of course,and if it was a real pull where the dyno simulate's the weight of your car etc.

I have the motor bored 20 over a better cam magnaport sc with coated rotors mp inlet plenum port match intake to heads cold air. 15% od on sc true dual exhuast. 60lb injectors bigger maf and bbk 70mm tb i think. And a good tune.ported exhuast manifolds. That i am taking off when i do my new exhuast for a set of kooks a friend gave me.. i plan on changing the tb to a mp 85 soon. I am hoping to run mid 13s this year.

magnaport sc? like a MP1?

stock valve unported heads?

Even so with a good blower, and a cam I would think you'd be 300-320 at the wheels.

ported stock head i plan on changing the rockers next year winter project. and yes i am still running stock intercooler :eek: , i plan on building one or getting a kw doulbe ic, and the timing is not pulled to much i forgot wat my tunner said he did. but wat u guys think i got a good start so far. winter project this winter is my full exhaust, bulding my tranny, changing my gear and maybe a ic, anyone know how much a kw double ic will run me?

plus i lost a ton of power with the tranny sliping like it was, but buliding a tci streetfighter trans soon so i anit worried bout losing power there anymore.i would shift out of 1st now :p i think with the new trans i will pull close to 300. i hope. u guys thiink?

How did Jeff tune it? SCT chip or does he work with the QH? I knew that Jeff had hella skills with carbs, and mustangs, but wasn't sure about a beastie like our SC's. I live in Grafton, basically straight down the street about 25 mi from CRT, met and raced with the Chambers crew in the NMRA back in the day.

Adam

it has a moates chip in not quarterhorse for some reason my quarterhorse chip wouldnt hold a tune anymore and jeff and i think the battery went back on the chip and the car does have a cam i am sorry i didnt list and i cant remember the spec on it and adam thats cool man i am on of st rt 162 over by st rt 250 lol small world. jeff had no problem tuning my car he said he has ton sc before with sct and quarterhorse.. but he said with the trans the way it was i need to replace it, so i am building a trans. he said i lost a ton of power bc the trans slipping.

Last edited:
Im not sure of Michael's power level:rolleyes:

Ken

well when i got to look at what he has in his car and then he says that my car being a little over stock i just like to think i am still learning and getting my car to the big power guys level like you ken and him and dave and all the big guys..:eek:

15% ?? wont you make more power on a 3-5% pulley ? :D
too much heat makes the blower less efficient

i have 10% on mine some similar mods but still on stock cam but might move back down to 5 or 3
until i get a front mount

15% ?? wont you make more power on a 3-5% pulley ? :D
too much heat makes the blower less efficient

i have 10% on mine some similar mods but still on stock cam but might move back down to 5 or 3
until i get a front mount

i felt the same way when i bought the car it had the 15% od i am looking at a 5% sc pulley and a 5% jackshaft, but idk bc i am have ken make me a ic soon so i may leave the od alone. and the car is up for the winter, can you over od a sc?

i felt the same way when i bought the car it had the 15% od i am looking at a 5% sc pulley and a 5% jackshaft, but idk bc i am have ken make me a ic soon so i may leave the od alone. and the car is up for the winter, can you over od a sc?

ive heard 15% even 10% can be over kill on a stock intercooler
because the blowers generate so much heat

usually the stock m90s arent overdriven to more than 15

the mpx however ive seen it overdriven to like 45-50%

but everything must complement
exhaust heads cooling
i say if ur going to keep 15% a front mount would be great
or maybe a 10% combo with a double ic from KW and a fan
that could work very well since you already have other mods

i dont have another pulley to use yet only my 10%
other wise i would try the 3-5% and would tell you how that worked i also have a stock intercooler now with a fan
had a double but sold it to fund a front mount and i just spent the money on other things -.-

sometimes putting more boost doesnt mean more power
less boost but denser air works better
my car does feel alot more responsive and quick on the low rpms take offs etc
but then top end just feels heavy and unwilling to move with 10% and no tune

Last edited:
ive heard 15% even 10% can be over kill on a stock intercooler
because the blowers generate so much heat

usually the stock m90s arent overdriven to more than 15

the mpx however ive seen it overdriven to like 45-50%

but everything must complement
exhaust heads cooling
i say if ur going to keep 15% a front mount would be great
or maybe a 10% combo with a double ic from KW and a fan
that could work very well since you already have other mods

i dont have another pulley to use yet only my 10%
other wise i would try the 3-5% and would tell you how that worked i also have a stock intercooler now with a fan
had a double but sold it to fund a front mount and i just spent the money on other things -.-

sometimes putting more boost doesnt mean more power
less boost but denser air works better
my car does feel alot more responsive and quick on the low rpms take offs etc
but then top end just feels heavy and unwilling to move with 10% and no tune

well that deff makes me want to rip off the 15% and run 10 now.. and i have a fan on the stock ic but i am taking it off and putting it on the kw double ic when i get it

sent my car to crt performance in norwalk ohio and all i can say is wow, made 267 rwhp and 384 rwtq, but my trans was sliping the whole time and finally went out, i am building a tci streetfighter trans and changing my rear gears to 3.73, i just wanted to say thanks to everyone, and can i see a more power to the rw when i get my new trans in?

Those are some great numbers! I have heard that once you get used to the new power, you will want morea and more :p

Are you thinking about going back to the dyno after you install the new tranny and double IC?

Back