Parts help....

89SCK@t

I have a few more problems with my 89 XR7 Cougar....First, where can I find window motors cheap?? I've tried the dealerships, FORD was going to charge me 150 or so dollars for each motor, while the Mercury dealer was somewhere around the 200 mark... I've called several junkyards in my area and I could only find one. I went to that junkyard and found that nothing was usable...the engine was about 4 inches in the cabin and the front seats (still attached to the body) were in the back seat....and the other problem is, if Im not mistaken, might be the cold start thing...the only reason Im saying cold start is because, when I start my car when there is snow on the ground and about 5 degrees outside, my car starts with no problem...on the other hand if its 47 degrees outside, it doesnt want to start....there is no problem with it when it was warm outside....if I could get some help, I would be very grateful....

Were the dealers quoting you on brand new replacement window motors ? Sounds like it ... up here in the Great White North, Ford of Canada has a remanufactured window motor program going, the prices aren't bad ... about $120 CAN for a reman. vs. $300 or so for new. Phone the dealer back and ask them if they can get you a Motorcraft reman. window motor ... I'm not sure if this program is going in the U.S. or not, but it likely is.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Autozone used to carry the window motors. Haven't checked lately, but they're online.. Ohhh Ok.. gimme a minute..
SIEMENS_NEW WINDOW LIFT MOTOR for a 1990 FORD THUNDERBIRD

Unit Price: $56.99
Core Value*: $0.00
Part No.: WL43003 (RH), WL43002 (LH)
Weight: 2.55 lbs.
Warranty: LLT
Availability: Online: Ships within 2 business days
Store: Normally Stocked

The gear kit (a NEW thing which fixes most problems) is also available:
Unit Price: $26.99
Core Value*: $0.00
Part No.: WL33000