confused on intercoolers

tim

Well my great idea on using a big Volvo intercooler didnt pan out so Iam back to square one.Icant afford a $1000 and up model ,any opinions on the scp double intercooler? Thats about as far as the money is going to streach, I would Like to hear from people that are using them and see how well it really works thanks tim:confused:

I built a double IC out of 2 regular ones. It's real easy but a lot of work with an air cutting disk. When you cut the parts of the top and bottom tanks off cut right at the top of the weld. Cut the back wall off of the top and bottom tanks on one of them and on the other cut the opposite and just leave the back wall standing. Put them together and weld the inside seam where they meet top and bottom. Bend a piece of 3/16 aluminum plate to fill-in the missing top and bottom pieces and weld it in place. Test for leaks by filling it with water and repair any found with epoxy or fiberglass resin from the outside. It gained me 2 mph thru the traps and about .2 sec in the 1/4.

do a search on double intercoolers or something and you should find useful info on this... I am planning on getting mine welded (as I said, run a search) and will let you know. I picked up a second intercooler for about $65 shipped, the total investment should end up around $250 (plus my stock intercooler of course).

intercoolers

Thanks a lot for your help guys. Two weeks ago I went to the local bone yard and they wanted $150 for a used sc intercooler, seemed a little high to me. The other proplem is that welding is not a skill I ever picked up. What would you charge me to put one together with my intercooler. Thanks Tim:)

Back