PDA

View Full Version : Proud owner of a 92 sc

mywhite89
12-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Got sc winter fever and it sucks that ours are put away for the winter. Picked a new one up last night. Nice car just gotta fix a few things. Has 45000 miles on it and will drive very nice once I figure out the run problem. Already found a couple blatant vacuum leaks which helped and made it possible for me to actually drive it the 30 miles home. Has absolutely no power, and i mean none:rolleyes:. Needed a good cleaning on the inside, I was amazed how well it shined up. Now just gonna give it a good exterior cleaning and waxing tomorrow to find out how nice she really is. It's red with black leather interior, automatic car. No vmm or associated sensors which is a little different from any other I have owned. Pretty loaded otherwise. I'll take some pics if anyone is interested ill post them up tomorrow.

Chris

davec73
12-29-2012, 07:43 PM
sounds exactly like my car when i bought it chris. For the exception of it bieng an auto car mine is completely loaded and didnt have a vmm either lol

mywhite89
12-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Sounds the same for sure. I've got it running perfect now. Turns out the coilpack connector had two rubber pieces that prevent moisture from getting to the connector. I wasnt getting good contact from the connector to the coilpack. Runs perfect now. It was nice and clean but I had it out last night and its all dirty on the outside.

Things I repaired this weekend that I ended up having in inventory at the house. Replace both window motors due to plastic gear failure, replaced the power mirror switch, replaced the battery, driver side plastic kick panel for entering the car was broken, had no floor mats either but I had an extra set! Now I just need to paint the bumper from the picture that has been in my attic for a few years and I'll have a pretty nice car. Its just dumb luck I was able to use a bunch of extra parts I have had just lying around to literally make another SC nice again. Amazing I had almost everything this car needed. Guess I picked the right stuff to keep as extras.

I just need to undercoat some minor rough areas under the car(both sides in front of rear tires are cancered up some on the rockers, literally thats it), replace both leaking tranny cooler lines, change all the fluids and clean underneath the engine and transmission really well to make sure I don't have any other leaks and I think I'll have a near perfect SC. Oh yeah, the radio doesn't work either, gotta do some wiring repairs their also. Oh yeah, fuel gauge doesn't work either so hopefully topping it off will get that working again, but we'll find out.
chris

davec73
12-30-2012, 02:45 PM
yep looks about the same except for the newer style sc wheels and a huge portion of the bumper missing lol

mywhite89
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
yep looks about the same except for the newer style sc wheels and a huge portion of the bumper missing lol

Thankfully it's just the bumper, couple light scratches in the paint in front of it, but nothing that will rust or anything.

Chris