Ever seen this before?

kenewagner

Pulled the valve covers off the motor to replace them and I found the PCV oil deflect shield that covers the PCV valve sitting on my valve train. I have no idea when it came loose. One theory is when racing I lost my ignition plug contact and had a huge backfire. I never heard a thing diffrent when running the engine. There is no damage to my new valve train. Anyone ever have something like this happen???

Ken

Attachments

• PCV.JPG
    PCV.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 248
Ken,

Haven't seen that happen before. I would agree with the backfire most likely being what caused it to fall off.

David

I guess that was what got me. I should have heard something banging around but nothing. I made 5 more passes after that backfire. Just tossed the valve covers in the scrap.

Ken

I guess that was what got me. I should have heard something banging around but nothing. I made 5 more passes after that backfire. Just tossed the valve covers in the scrap.

Ken

Plus the my 3 passes. Sounded and ran excellent.

Ken

You know you want to make a cool custom set anyway!!!

Back