No Fuel Pressure

ROWDYBURNS

91 SC auto, bone stock. The car had been sitting in a garage for a year or so, tried to start it, no fuel pressure. Dropped the tank, pump was junk. Installed a new pump, still no pressure. It has spark as it runs on carb cleaner, pump relay or something else I should check?

fuel filter

have you check the fuel filter ....

also check the fuel pump relay & the inertia switch both are located in the truck drivers side

The inertia switch was the first thing I checked, no rat ~~~~ or nests anywhere. Ill grab a relay tomorrow n see what happens. Thabks for the input guys

The fuel pump: does it run for a few seconds with the ignition on? If not, check the wiring. If so, check the fuel lines. If ok check the pressure reg. If Ok check the the injector circuit.
Go methodically instead of just swapping parts. Unless you have some around. Of course you did plug the wires back into the pump on re-install.

Im not just throwing parts at it, the pump was junk and the tank was half full of empty gas. All cleaned and new pump insalled. I can hear the pump cycle but the car wont turn over with the key. Going to check out the ignitiln switch today.

Back