seat belt track

tmz93sc

? what does everyone use for lubrication on the track for the automated seat belts on the early model cars. mine makes a whole lot of noise

? what does everyone use for lubrication on the track for the automated seat belts on the early model cars. mine makes a whole lot of noise

I use Teflon(tm) spray - the generic can be bought as PTFE spray.

I think it's supposed to be lithium grease by the manual.

RwP

I use Teflon(tm) spray - the generic can be bought as PTFE spray.

I think it's supposed to be lithium grease by the manual.

RwP

i tried the lithium grease didnt do much. ill have to buy some teflon spray. it is noiser when it returns back with the belt attached

Well, mine's not dead quiet either ... I just live with it since some noise is unavoidable in the design.

RwP

I dismantled mine and cleaned all of the metallic gunk buildup and relubed with white lithium grease and it worked like new.

White lithium grease spray.....:D

Spray the entire track as you open and close the door....

Takes a little coordination but it really helps....:p

White lithium grease spray.....:D

Spray the entire track as you open and close the door....

Takes a little coordination but it really helps....:p

does your local napa or walmart have white lithium grease spray ? the reason why i ask is because i never heard of it in a spray can lol

does your local napa or walmart have white lithium grease spray ? the reason why i ask is because i never heard of it in a spray can lol

Mine does. There is a solvent carrier, which evaporates after you spray, leaving the thicker components behind.

Back