What injector size to run?

HwyStar

Im back! Been buried with other peoples cars, work , and putting up my garage. So, 30k dollars, and selling my Mustang later, I finally have some time for my cougar.

Im putting some parts together that I have been hording for years now. I have a MPx SC, the inlet, throttle body, headers, studs, etc.. Im shooting for ~400hp. From what I have read, that is a reasonable number for a healthy stock short block. That would make the car fun. What size injector should I run? 42lb/hr? Any brand I should stay away from? Any wisdom to pass on?

Im trying to work on the car as much as I can since Im blocked in by a bunch of broke up concrete. No one can give me crap for working on my car now! Still have to build up a differential and get a fuel tank set up....

You reach the limits on our cars with 42's at about 350 flywheel HP. You'll want 60's at the least for 400 HP. See Dave Dalke and he can hook you up with what you need. He goes by XR7-Dave on here. 400 HP is certainly achievable with these cars. Dave will be able to help get you there with the best use of your cash.

Thanks for the info. Been working on the car between helping the contractor finishing frame up of endwall. So, have been moving slow. But, moving!

Back