lighting change

anlo

my son is in the process of making all interior lighting on the 94 blue with led;s looking awesome so far and surprisingly easy.. speedo,window switches,defrost,firm ride,doors , back seat, map lights,gear selector...and a/c vents.. so far... hvac controls next. ill post some pics soon

Attachments

• IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 159
dim

yeah except for the window and lock buttons.. vents were a little over the top for me but he will hve to put a dimmer on those separately or tie them in to another source if wanted.. there was no scraping of green on speedo the blue wedge bulbs changed the color nicely.

yeah its not that hard to do if you can solder I went with purple for my switches and white for the gauges w/ purple needles that was a little harder but not to bad. waiting for someone to do the ac controls so I know how hard it is but I might just go to a u pick it and buy an extra

my son is in the process of making all interior lighting on the 94 blue with led;s looking awesome so far and surprisingly easy.. speedo,window switches,defrost,firm ride,doors , back seat, map lights,gear selector...and a/c vents.. so far... hvac controls next. ill post some pics soon

Was he able to find LED's for the Sail panel lights, Those are the BA-15 ?? style and been looking for something myself in LED for these lights.

Thx.

Jeff B.

Was he able to find LED's for the Sail panel lights, Those are the BA-15 ?? style and been looking for something myself in LED for these lights.

Thx.

Jeff B.

SuperBrightLEDS has several.

Interesting point - except for the bulb size, it's the same socket/base as the old style 1056 single-filament bulb.

Here is a link to their models that fit:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/tail-brake-turn/filter/Cross_Reference_Number,67,21,197:

Two things - one, clean and if possible polish the reflector so you get as much light out the lens as possible.

Two, be sure to use "clear" (not burned) lenses. If you don't have them, there's a writeup here and on TCCoA (same writeup, same guy) on replacing them with clearer plastic - he used some refracting clear plastic.

RwP

blue clock anyone ?

clock done on my sons car next task hvac controls.....

Attachments

• IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 104
hvac /blue complete

a little tedious my son said but nice to know it can be done...

Attachments

• IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0099.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 133
does he have any tips on how he did the LCDs? I've done just about everything else but those I took the green plastic off the clock and it looks ok but it could be better

Back