Antilock brake booster assembly gone bad, on my 89 any other assembly compatible?

89 BLK SC TX

Just starting my search for an affordable antilock brake booster assembly for my 89 SC. I have a hard brake pedal with no power assist. Need any help you can give on what will interchange; ie. year models or if I can change from anti-lock to regular booster, etc. Also looking for any affordable sources for the assembly. Need help ASAP. This is my daily driver!
<deews6@yahoo.com>

QUOTE.... I have a hard brake pedal with no power assist....any help you can give on what will interchange

Could be just the brown relay (left side of the two on my 1990) on the passenger firewall $30 at most..

Pressure Switch will work from a 1988 Buick Reatta as long as it has the Teves Mark II ABS system. Buick $80, Ford $150 but no longer available.

www.Priorreman.com has accumulators for $100 shipped.

Also I got a ABS pump from a late 80's Lincoln Town Car from junkyard for $30. (Actually the whole ABS/Master Cylinder Unit)

Umm. That thread was from November of last year. Dee was appreciative of our help in her moment of self serving urgency and has checked out. She almost even managed an email response for the schematics I sent her.. :rolleyes: . almost, but didn't. Surely she will return when the next urgent problem arises. ;)

We get a few short term posters like that.. Raise a cloud; Get their answer; Solve their problem; and never see them again. More than glad to take what they can get, but never willing to put anything back in. :(

Back