firm ride light

i did the pbr brake upgrade on my 94. while bleeding the brakes the firm ride light started to come on with every push of the brake pedal, stay on for approx 3 seconds then go out. i can hear the actuators working. the light acts normal when i put the system in firm. i have a self bleeder and bled mostly with the engine off. i did start it and bleed a few strokes of the pedal. has anybody seen this before?

My guess the pressure is different at the inline sensor for arc now that you have done the pbr swap, I have most of the parts so I don't have anything to base it of off it's just a guess based off of what I do know on the various systems on these. It's designed to switch to firm under hard braking.

firm ride lite

ok thanks renello. i have a fancy scan tool maybe i will hook it up.
I had one ARC brake pressure switch get soft causing lite to come on with lite pressure. Also have had 2 leak where the plastic is crimped to metal.both problems happened around 100k. Bill at SCP has new old stock ones. They are easy to change. Mounted on engine side of fire wall under master cylinder. Just have to do it from underneath.

I pulled my car out and turned it around, it seems fine and it has stopped doing it. I dn't know i may still scan it.

Back