18" chrome Cobra R pictures wanted

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Can't decide if I want to get another set of 18" Saleen speedstar wheels or Cobra Rs. If you have pictures of your car with 18" chrome Cobra Rs, I'd like to see them, to help me decide.

Thanks, David

i never had 18s but mine are 17x9 mustang pattern
92sideview.jpg

Last edited:
i never had 18s but mine are 17x9 mustang pattern

Dave,

I've had the 17" Cobra Rs on both my cars, so I know what they look like, just haven't seen many 18" Cobra Rs on SCs. Corey and now Ryan are the only ones I've seen.

David

Uggg..try again in 110 seconds....try again 66 seconds :mad:

You of all people know you like the Cobra R better. This isn't even a question. Hands down no doubt about it you want those 18 inch cobra R's. The Saleens look great too....but you already have a set.

Best option for you is a set of Saleens on one car, set of 18 inch R's on the other. Then you can go back and forth when you get tired...and they both look great (but the R....hands down best looking wheel ever built in the history of the planet and you know all this already) :)

PS. I'll still be rocking some massive 20's and getting the ladies though.

Attachments

• neibert2.JPG
    neibert2.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Yes those are it. I'll see if I can find some better profile pictures, or I can uncover the car in the garage for picture.

Yes I got them from brad idk if they were called a 280r though, plating was good, there were a tiny number of blemishes when I sold them to Ryan(i bought them in 07). The barrels are ehhhhh, but brad told me the chromers do not prep the barrels, just the face. Id plastidip the barrels if i bought them new again.

I love those tires, 245/45/18 cooper rs3-s. Widest I think you can get would be 275 in that tire. Id run the rs3 up front and the nt05r drag radial in the rear if it was me, in a 275 if they make it. 285 would be a bit wide on a 9 IMO

Just checked they make the cooper in a 275/40/18.

f6bf14d7.jpg

Best sidewall in existence for tire shine

Last edited:
Micah your car makes me want to put dubs on my ~~~~ rather than chrome saleens in 18". Brad is still out of stock on the speed stars. Unless I want black. But I don't know, I think chrome looks good on a black car.

Yes I got them from brad idk if they were called a 280r though, plating was good, there were a tiny number of blemishes when I sold them to Ryan(i bought them in 07). The barrels are ehhhhh, but brad told me the chromers do not prep the barrels, just the face. Id plastidip the barrels if i bought them new again.

Corey,

Brad confirmed that the 280r wheel I linked was the same Cobra R style wheel that you & Ryan posted pictures of. Apparently there some legal issues with the wheel manufacturer's use of the "Cobra" name, so they came up with another designation.

David

You of all people know you like the Cobra R better. This isn't even a question. Hands down no doubt about it you want those 18 inch cobra R's. The Saleens look great too....but you already have a set.

Best option for you is a set of Saleens on one car, set of 18 inch R's on the other. Then you can go back and forth when you get tired...and they both look great (but the R....hands down best looking wheel ever built in the history of the planet and you know all this already) :)

PS. I'll still be rocking some massive 20's and getting the ladies though.

Micah,

I've decided that you are correct, and I'm going back to my roots and ordering a set of the chrome Cobra Rs today.

David

What are your tire plans

I don't know...depends on if I sell the Boyd PT22s with or without the tires. Since the tires that are on the Boyds are nearly new and have been balanced to perfection using a Hunter Road Force reaction machine, it would be best to sell them with the tires mounted.

If I sell the tires with the wheels, I'll probably try a set of those Cooper rs3-s tires you posted pics of.

David

Back