coolent temp sending unit.

kw90supercoupe

I'm putting a aftermarket coolent temp gauge in my 90 supercoupe. It is a standerd thread is our cars standerd or metric for that sensor????

I'd say with 90% certainty that its metric.

FWIW, The stock temp sender (its actually called a switch in the parts listing) is pretty good. It can be calibrated with an inline resistor, although youd need some electronics background to pick the right value resistor. So if you get stuck, call the company and tell them your situation and ask for a calibration procedure.

Last edited:
Where is the fac coolant sensor/sender to to computer and can you make it variable to trick the Computer to rich'n under 3/4 to WOT(to the WOOD!!)??
Mine runs 11-12 boost with 3" intake/exhaust+ no cats......Super-6 weld+port'd heads W/ARP head studs, and their Wiseco +.020 pistons+eagle rods w/crank balance kit.

Have seen a simple chip plug in for the ECM/computer programer but has ta be a cheep'r way?

Thanks.....100N/Steve

You have to adjust the tune. You start messing with "fooling" the computer and its not going to get good results. The tuning technology for these cars is now great. Ten years ago it was primitive and we used to use sampling tubes to trick the Mass Airflow for when we installed larger injectors, others had TPS sensor boosters to make the car think it was at WOT sooner, but the cars never performed up to their potential and I would recommend against this type of old school tuning.

And since your engine is modified, you may be running lean up top. Not sure what your mods are but if you are on stock 30 lb injectors and a stock fuel pump I'd be leary of it.

The stock 30's at high rpm can get really lean even with a few bolt on mods.

Back