PDA

View Full Version : Engine Recently Stalling Out

pgalatou
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
My dad handed down his 1990 SC to me a few years ago. Today I took it out for a spin because of the nice weather. Parked it in the driveway and 3 hours later it no longer starts. It attempts to crank over and we were successful but it only ran for about 3 seconds. Every time we tried starting it, the upshift light was illuminated. A few weeks ago it also Stalled out with coasting down route 271 and also at the following light. Started up fine after both occurrences. It is now sitting in my driveway unable to start. It has battery life and is wanting to crank over, but when it does its only for a few seconds. Can anyone help me out with this? It would be much appreciated.

SC34
01-13-2013, 12:09 AM
I would suspect the cam sensor... Easy to replace and doesn't break the bank even if it isn't the problem..

pgalatou
01-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Was able to start it this morning. For some reason I feel it relates to the engine being warmed up on whether it decides to start.

SC34
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Mine did this as well. Usually after being driven and warmed up, if it set for awhile, then driven again, would buck and jerk and the tach would either jump all around, or go to zero..sometimes not restart at all... Replaced cam sensor, no problems since. It was only 35$ and took 15 min to install