Where is everyone mounting their gauges?

90tbirdsc

I have done some searching and I can't come up with anything on this topic, I already have a 2 gauge pod on the a-pillar with water temp and oil pressure, I'm probably going to get a 3 gauge pod to add a boost gauge but then I still need a spot to mount my AFR gauge and if you guys have some good spots I would also like to add a intercooler in/out temp gauge.

I don't want to do any mods to the stock gauge cluster also, I would like to if possible have them all mounted on the a-pillar and dash somewhere.:confused:

Put it on the steering column.

Scangage.jpg

I prefer an all in one gauge. I don't always need to be monitoring every paramater at once. IMHO a cluster of gauges is just that ... a cluster ...

Anyway, the gauge pod is an Autometer Gauge Works pod for a 1994-02 Mustang; part # 10004. I got mine from Autozone in 2009 for $38.99 + Tax.

It fits nicely over the top of the Tbird steering column. I hope this helps ya out.

Last edited:
Put it on the steering column.

Scangage.jpg

I prefer an all in one gauge. I don't always need to be monitoring every paramater at once. IMHO a cluster of gages is just that ... a cluster ...

Anyway, the gauge pod is an Autometer Gauge Works pod for a 1994-02 Mustang; part # 10004. I got it from Autozone in 2009 for $38.99 + Tax.

It fits nicely over the top of the Tbird steering column. I hope this helps ya out.

Mines a 1990, will that still work?

Probably not.

IDK how much the steering column changed when the MN12 was redesigned in 1994.

You'd have to do an A to B comparison of the pre and post 1994 column styles. Or you could just order one up and see if it fits. If not, just return it.

The column pod won't work on yours. But you could cut it up and fiberglass it on . You could take the VMM out and put 2 guages there.

All that would fit? I have the stupid auto seatbelts also.

I don't know; I am suggesting that you measure and see. Maybe you can shift your current pod up a little and shift the second one down.

I am pretty sure that the 94+ pod won't match the contour of the 89-93 A-pillar trim.

Why do you need so many mounts? If it's just for the look I'd highly recommend against it. I can't imagine that you'd need to look at that many paramaters on a regular basis. That's what data logging is for...

IMHO the two mounts that you have now should be plenty.

Why do you need so many mounts? If it's just for the look I'd highly recommend against it. I can't imagine that you'd need to look at that many paramaters on a regular basis. That's what data logging is for...

With that SVO thingie I would figure you would have a SC gauge setup with a factory Vac/boost gauge

Stock boost, water temp and oil pressure gauges on the 89-93 sc's suck and are inaccurate. And the afr gauge is just to keep a eye on everything and the Intercooler In/out gauge would be nice to see if the intercooler is cooled enough before I race someone (sometimes they are back to back). Not going for the look, if I could hide all them that would be cool :D

I will be running moates quarter horse so I can datalog when I'm doing some tuning.

Here's my setup in the XR7 (but with a '97-based interior).

WBO2on_zps56cd8d25.jpg

That's a '97 instrument cluster with a 150 MPH speedo and 8K tach from a SHO, one of my gauge plates in the lower DIN slot with coolant temp, trans temp, and oil pressure gauges, the NGK AFX WBO2 in the vent, and boost/vacuum and fuel pressure gauges in an engine mounted panel under the hood.

I've made quite a few of the lower DIN gauge panels for members here and on TCCOA, though I prefer to do the 94-97 ones over the 89-93 ones (94-97 plate is slightly larger than the 89-93). Here's just a small sampling of some of the panels I made last go around.

gaugepanels1.jpg

I have done some searching and I can't come up with anything on this topic, I already have a 2 gauge pod on the a-pillar with water temp and oil pressure, I'm probably going to get a 3 gauge pod to add a boost gauge but then I still need a spot to mount my AFR gauge and if you guys have some good spots I would also like to add a intercooler in/out temp gauge.

I don't want to do any mods to the stock gauge cluster also, I would like to if possible have them all mounted on the a-pillar and dash somewhere.:confused:

I'd move your water temp and oil pressure gauge from the pillar pod, down to the DIN slot like Rod has shown and use the pillar pod for boost and AFR gauges. Here is a picture of my 93 SC that has gauges in the pod and the DIN slot.

garage_attachment.php

David

Last edited:
since i don't have the auto headlights on my car I am going to put a gauge there, next to the headlight switch. I also have the dual a-pillar pod. I had thought about putting 3 or 4 gauges above the glove box in the flat vertical section of the dash but I don't know if I want to cut up my dash pad.

Mine is similar to David's, but I have 3 gauges down below the radio. Oil pressure, water temp, & trans temp. My "A" pillar is fuel pressure and A/R ratio.

Ken

With that SVO thingie I would figure you would have a SC gauge setup with a factory Vac/boost gauge

I have a factory SC Vac/Boost gauge, just haven't installed it.

I also have a Vac/Boost sensor already attached to my Aeroforce gauge. So there's no real need to duplicate that gauge.

Gauges ...

Used a 2 inch hole saw to install the gauges in the dash. Got the boost gauge in the stock spot.

Turned the volt gauge around so the steering wheel doesn't block my line of sight to see that the gauge is in the 13 volt range and charging.

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC modified
'90 automatic SC stock

Attachments

• DSC02954.JPG
    DSC02954.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 115
I have one more dual purpose guage to install and that will make 5 guages in 3 holes and no cutting my dash
guages-1_zps45f15443.jpg

Back