How to integrate innovative lc-1 and moates quarter horse?

90tbirdsc

I will be installing my innovative lc-1 wideband and I will be soon ordering a moates quarter horse chip with the binary editor. Is there anything else that I will need to datalog afr and rpm and all the other needed sensors? Also I'll be getting a laptop so will I need a cd drive? And how many USB ports will I need?

I will be installing my innovative lc-1 wideband and I will be soon ordering a moates quarter horse chip with the binary editor. Is there anything else that I will need to datalog afr and rpm and all the other needed sensors? Also I'll be getting a laptop so will I need a cd drive? And how many USB ports will I need?

You'll need a serial connection. That said you'll either need a USB to serial adapter or a PCMCIA to serial adapter if your laptop has a PCMCIA slot. You won't need a cd drive as you download the software and then use an activation key.

If your computer has an Express Card slot instead of a PCMCIA car slot, you can get a serial adapter for them too. The Express Card adapter is what I run. I use serial adapter for my job and in my experience, the USB-to-serial adapter are more problematic than the card slot adapters.

I never had a problem with USB to serial. I guess brand matters. C2G make good products. I am a director for a $2 billion dollar/year IT company. What do I know? LOL

:confused: about all I got out of that was that I don't need a cd drive but I need a USB adapter thing? Can someone explain this a little more or post pictures or Or better yet links to what I need?

Thanks in advance

:confused: about all I got out of that was that I don't need a cd drive but I need a USB adapter thing? Can someone explain this a little more or post pictures or Or better yet links to what I need?

Thanks in advance

Yes...in addition to the stuff you listed, you will need a USB to serial adapter cable and the associated driver software. Or you can use the adapter Kurt mentioned if your computer is equipped with an Express Card slot (whatever that is). I'm using the USB to Serial adapter like the majority of people here.

David

The innovate and the Quarter Horse will have seperate cables that connect to your laptop, the two inputs are then integrated via built in functionality of Binary Editor. You will also need a second piece of shareware software to effectively view the datalogs, alot of us use SCT LiveLink, which is a free download.

If you want to datalog things that are not available through the Quarterhorse like Boost, Fuel Pressure, EGT then you will need another data collector like the Innovate AuxBox and the associated sensors. You can use other datalogging vendors also so long as they are supported by Binary Editor. I chose to stick with Innovate stuff because it can all be connected on a single data chain and connection to the laptop rather than a 3rd cable connecting to the computer.

I got a netbook laptop and it works great but when I replace it I will get something with a larger screen, the size is nice to handle in the car but it can be really tough to view everything on the tiny netbook screen.

all u need is 1 usb port for the qh

if u choose to get a dongle youll need another usb port

u can run the wb thru the evp, faster than the serial and cheaper

The innovate and the Quarter Horse will have seperate cables that connect to your laptop, the two inputs are then integrated via built in functionality of Binary Editor. You will also need a second piece of shareware software to effectively view the datalogs, alot of us use SCT LiveLink, which is a free download.

Curious how you use SCT Livelink and is it any better for data logs I just use the serial to usb cable for my lc-1, plug in my quarterhorse, and use binary editor for data logging.

Curious how you use SCT Livelink and is it any better for data logs I just use the serial to usb cable for my lc-1, plug in my quarterhorse, and use binary editor for data logging.

It's for viewing the datalogs. You open a .CSV file and LiveLink automatically graphs all the signals for you. It sure beats messing around in Excel, trust me. Saves a lot of time. You can zoom in on a certain part of a datalog, turn signals on and off easily, adjust the scaling of each signal, etc.

Just be sure to explain yourself or your wife / girlfriend might see "LiveLink" and think it's a dating site or something. :rolleyes:

It's for viewing the datalogs. You open a .CSV file and LiveLink automatically graphs all the signals for you. It sure beats messing around in Excel, trust me. Saves a lot of time. You can zoom in on a certain part of a datalog, turn signals on and off easily, adjust the scaling of each signal, etc.

Just be sure to explain yourself or your wife / girlfriend might see "LiveLink" and think it's a dating site or something. :rolleyes:

Awesome ya that's why my car has been sitting I bought the lasota racing guide for binary editor but the datalogs can be a nightmare to go through in excel thanks!

Awesome ya that's why my car has been sitting I bought the lasota racing guide for binary editor but the datalogs can be a nightmare to go through in excel thanks!

No problem.

Also, if I recall correctly, it was hard to find the download for it. If you can't find it, let me know and I will see if I can.

I found a thread on another site that said if you eliminated EGR, you could tap that EEC pin into the output from the LC-1 and configure BE to use that input for AFR, which would eliminate using the serial cable off the LC-1 and you can log everything through BE's USB cable. Is this true?

Back