Aftermarket front seats

91BLOWNBIRD

Did some searching and couldn't find a definitive answer...

What needs to be done and what parts are needed to fit aftermarket front seats in a 91 SC...passenger seat is non power and driver is power

I am looking for low hassle and can easily put original seats back in...

and can any aftermarket seat work?

thanks

Did some searching and couldn't find a definitive answer...

What needs to be done and what parts are needed to fit aftermarket front seats in a 91 SC...passenger seat is non power and driver is power

I am looking for low hassle and can easily put original seats back in...

and can any aftermarket seat work?

thanks

In theory anything will work. You can even keep power sliding on the driver's side (I think) if you take the stock seat out, unbolt the seat side rails, and bolt them on to your new seat.

If that doesn't work you just rip out the factory rails and bolt the new ones in. Some won't be a direct fit and may require welding brackets to the floor and the bottom rail, but they will fit.

I basically want the lightest setup possible if anyone has input on that

I am doing weight reduction that can be easily reversed back to stock if need be

Those brackets will work for early model SCs?

Thanks

most seat manufacturers make brackets for the seats to fit the different vehicles. Yes the early and late seats are all the same.

Fixed-back seats will be lighter than those Corbeaus if you're after weight reduction.

Are you looking for drag seats, or road race seats? Does lateral support matter to you?

EDIT: For what it's worth, stock full-power cloth/leather seats are 54 pounds each.

Looking for road race but I mainly drive street so i dont want to loose too much comfort...I am at my HP limit for what I want out of my engine so just thinking of dropping a little weight...if I can get the car down to 3500lbs I'd be pretty happy.

I removed rear seat, spare tire, subwoofer, all A/C parts removed, alum rad, air silencer removed, light weight steel fly, alum driveshaft, alum diff housing, no mufflers

Want a hood which should shave like 20lbs right?

So if I got those corbeaus then I can drop 30lbs off my driver seat

I like the Cerullo Sport seats. I plan on adding some to my car some day. I haven't decided on the exact model of seat yet. I've got plenty of time to think about it.

Good luck with whatever seat you decide to go with.

I'd look real close at those seats in person b4 buying. I picked up a set of corbeus (don't know what model) at a swap thinking the same thing. After looking at them close, they were nothing but cloth streatched over a tube frame sorta like a hammock.:eek:
I felt they would be unsafe in any kind of accident. Never used 'em. Never would. Safety is a personal decision however, just my thoughts:cool:

Adam

I installed Corbeau seats in my car. They were quite a bit lighter than the power seats. I used manual sliders so I could keep that function. I made two mistakes ordering them. I should have ordered the wide version as I am not as skinny as I use to be and I had the slot installed in the seat for the lower belt on the harness. It is plastic and uncomfortable when sliding in or out of the seat. Cost me extra to be uncomfortable. Still had some work to make them fit the manual sliders but not a lot. They look good and are comfortable.

Ken

Attachments

• Corbeau front.JPG
    Corbeau front.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 81
Looking for road race but I mainly drive street so i dont want to loose too much comfort...I am at my HP limit for what I want out of my engine so just thinking of dropping a little weight...if I can get the car down to 3500lbs I'd be pretty happy.

I removed rear seat, spare tire, subwoofer, all A/C parts removed, alum rad, air silencer removed, light weight steel fly, alum driveshaft, alum diff housing, no mufflers

Want a hood which should shave like 20lbs right?

So if I got those corbeaus then I can drop 30lbs off my driver seat

A VFN glass hood dropped 33 pounds from my car. Look at a lightweight battery if you want a cheap, easy way to save weight.

If you want road race seats, I'd consider a set not designed for Jeeps like the ones you linked above.

Back