Need Abs Help Asap!!!

89 BLK SC TX

I need some ABS help! I figure my AB booster has gone out because the master cylinder ran for about a mile without any fluid (don't ask why it went dry). Heard some booster noise, pedal was hard but wouldn't stop. Tried to bleed the system, but wouldn't bleed of course. I am in need of any info. on possible fixes, parts or just any kind info. anyone has on ABS trouble. Please share your knowledge ASAP!!!

<deews6@yahoo.com>

Our brake system is boosted through hydraulic pressure that is created by the ABS pump. This pump shares double duty to power the ABS system and assist with braking in general.

A hard pedal means your ABS pump is not running. Check first to make sure your resevoir is full of fluid.

Some other people can be more specific. There is a relay that powersthe pump that may have failed. I can't remember where it is or what color it is.

If you search the site you might find it.

A search I did turned up this thread that might help:

Thread on ABS Pump Relay Issue

abs

Thanks Mike. Found a local rebuild shop listed on the thread to do my ABS unit! My hobby is older cars and I don't know a lot about ABS and the other "new" stuff. This might just keep my SC that I love off the auction block one more time. Gonna try the cheap stuff first before doing the unit.

Back