Fan thermostat w/relay kit

Rezid

My radiator fan does not come on at temperature, and the wiring is all messed up. I don't feel like dealing with the problem so am just gonna install a thermostat fan relay with switch. In these kits it comes with a thermostat that screws into the engine somewhere to allow the fan to come on at temp. Where is the best place to screw or mount this thermostat?

My radiator fan does not come on at temperature, and the wiring is all messed up. I don't feel like dealing with the problem so am just gonna install a thermostat fan relay with switch. In these kits it comes with a thermostat that screws into the engine somewhere to allow the fan to come on at temp. Where is the best place to screw or mount this thermostat?

You can buy a T-fitting to put into the upper radiator hose.

I would recommend fixing the wiring and testing the IRCM. The factory 2-speed fan is a good system.

You can buy a T-fitting to put into the upper radiator hose.

I would recommend fixing the wiring and testing the IRCM. The factory 2-speed fan is a good system.

I don't think the fan is factory, plus I think I will be easiest to go this way. Thanks for the info!

They come both ways - radiator probe, or water jacket sensor.

Do you have the EATC? Do you need the cold engine lockout? If "No" to either, then there's the bung or sensor for that which you can pull, leave the CELO wire disconnected, and use that hole for the radiator fan controller.

RwP

Back