PDA

View Full Version : The official 2013 carlisle thread!!!!!

XxSlowpokexX
01-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Guys/Gals,

This is the offiial Carlisle thread which I will posting all official information on. I welcome any comments or reccomendations for any new or current events.

REGISTRATION

When registering, use "Super Coupe Club of America" for your club affiliation - do NOT abbreviate to SCCoA. Each year we get a certain number of cars, Carlisle provides us a free tent to shelter us from weather, so don't forget to register under "Super Coupe Club of America."

More info here -

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Also the more people that pre-register the more field space we get which is VERY VERY IMPORTANT!

TSHIRTS

I have someone on board to help with designs. SO Tshirts will be on again. If by chance this falls through Tim can get em done last minute. I do want to get something really cool out we shall see.

So let me know if your going...And if youde like a Tshirt or shirts, what sizes and how many youde like. I dont see them being more than $20 a pop. I believe it was $15 last I did it with design costs included.

The List

1) xxslowpokexx (Pre Registered)
2) Regul8r(I assume not registered under SCCOA)
3) Blown38
4) Rjgraul
5) Wardboy- 3 shirts L
6) Seegers
7) lil Seeger
8) Tim Groth + 100
9) 90sc35thann
10) JimCherry
11) Trunk Monkey
12) Coolhand
13) FastEd
14) J Dot Miller
15) Scott Long

Hotel (Regul8r)

The Hotel Carlisle has just hit rock bottom. The past few years we have said we were going to find another hotel and it just kept falling through. Well last year I visited the Park Inn. Just so happened it was the same hotel I had some buissness training at years ago. They have a built in bar and a mechanical bull...Cool place. So we found our hotel. Now Regul8r being a first time Carlisle atendee got super excited an dbooked a bunch of rooms for his Torino club (I assume hes embarrassed to be associated with us as hes never shownup before!!!!!) I digress....haha...

WELL he was kind enough to call the hotel and get rooms blocked for us as well. SO give him a round of applause! And See below!

Accomodations are set at the

1. $99 rate for Thursday night (early arrivers)
2. $133 rate for Fri and Sat nights
3. They put on a Friday night BBQ event for all the clubs staying there... a FREE beer and Hot Dog/Hamburger with Sides type buffet to show their appreciation to the clubs.
4. Multiple bars and outside areas for us to meet in. They also are connected to a Country night club with a mechanical bull.
5. I have an adjoining room to use as a hospitality suite
6. We also have a seperate meeting room
7. The Hospitality suite is shared with my Gran Torino Sport.ORG group, both groups have our meeting rooms that are also joined by a door
8. Block of rooms together for the group sharing a floor/wing with GTS.ORG
9. PLENTY of parking and they will section off areas for the different clubs to call their own once we get a count of cars, trucks, and trailers
8. a bunch of Mustang and a couple Truck groups stay there every year and some already booked, so we are surrounded by other car guys making the trip to and from the show and partying at night!

When you call they will quote you the $133/night rate for all 3 days...
They cannot put the different pricing in the computer for Thursday night.
The system is a Coorporate system with very little local hotel control.
However, the prices will reflect at time of check out. NO WORRIES

here is a link to the hotel

http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-harrisburgwestpa

Now for those that dont want to spend that much there is the Super 8 North which is closer to teh fairgrounds. Not an ideal place as the party will be at the Pike Inn. But we need that alternativebnext door. See below.

1800 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 249-7000

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...ce_nostay=true

CRUISE - Friday Dave Ward

The official 3nd year running cruise to ...NOT HOOTERS! Well being the hotel has a BBQ arranged for clubs attending the show....The cruise will end up back at the hotel. Dave has bene a bit under teh weather buut I KNOW he will pul through ad get this organized!!!!! (im putting him on the spot.) Go_Karts are saturday so the cruise has to be friday!

Now I promise to have a full tank of gas this year.....Ever see 20 plus cars pull in for gas at once because ONE GUY needed gas........yah..ANYWAYS....Its cool and its fun. Where else do you get to cruise with so many other SC's at once!!!!! This section to be updated!

GO KARTS Saturday 11pm - Damon Baumann

For over 10 years we have been doing an organized go-kart event. The past few years it has been broken down into two events. The 11pm event…the 12pm event. For the sake of prosperity the 11pm event is only to be discussed!

Generally 10 cars are available although that can change. We rent the track for an hour. And that changes yearly. Individual pricing depends on what they charge. Pricing has been 350, 450, 550 (see a pattern). But guaranteed it will be the best money spent at Carlisle besides the show itself!

Due to a perhaps increase in people wanting to Kart we will be breaking times to 30 min ($30) or hour ($60) slots. I generally do 30 min and give someone else a chance as there are only 10 cars. We will start th efirst 10 off with 60 min and give up 30 as needed.

Those interested in this event

1) xxslowpokexx
2) Paul H
3) Tommy P
4) Dave Ward
5) Ken Seegers
6) Lil Seeger
7) Pat Depersia
8) Voula
9) Ralph
10)

Dinner Saturday 7:30 pm John Miller/Don ONeil .

We are doing 7:30 pm so we dont have to leave the fairgrounds early and miss all the end of day events! YOU NEED TO SEE JOHN MILLER or DON O NEIL SATURDAY TO GET A HEAD COUNT TOGETHER!!!! Unsure who will be doing it so I am volunteering both!!!!

Trophies/Plaques Damon Baumann

We went all out with trophies for two years, then plaques....The last few years I bene doing it out of pocket. This year I will again however I think Im going to llimit it two three catagories. Best Engine, Best of show modified and Best of show stock. To make things fair as years in the, I do not allow myself to be voted for in the event. Its for you guys/gals. Like the catagories? They can change so let me know. Remember you guysl

Vendors Donations for raffle (TIM GROTH):

I am nominating Tim for this job. Ok??? :O) Unsure who will be adding to teh pot as of yet however items as in years past will be raffled off at the awards dinner Saturday Night. We tried the fairgrounds last year but I think teh dinner will be better as in the past. COMMONE DONATE TO THE CAUSE!!!!

BBQ

We had a semi successful BBQ the past two years an dI KNOW it can be that much better. We all just need to chip in a bit. I hat eto see just a few people add to teh kitty for food an dI think last year we did a much better job with getting funds. We will need again coolers and BBQ's!!!! Does anyone want to be the lead on this?? WHo brings what? HEEELLPPP!!
Any other ideas you think we can pull off let me know..And all help offered is welcomed!

Thats all for now...Thanks all!!!

Damon

BLOWN38
01-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Plan to be there!:cool:

Regul8r
01-17-2013, 07:44 PM
um, yeah, I'll be there!

The party room is ready and the hospitality room too.

Room booked, posted a thread on the convoy I am running to the show from out here!

XxSlowpokexX
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
We do a convoy from NY as well with a few local clubs.

XxSlowpokexX
01-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Plan to be there!:cool:

Wonder if new hotel will be keg freindly! lol

BLOWN38
01-17-2013, 10:40 PM
The keg store is close!:)

rjgraul
01-18-2013, 09:19 AM
I'll be there. G.L.W.A.T.C.D.R. :D

XxSlowpokexX
01-18-2013, 09:58 AM
I'll be there. G.L.W.A.T.C.D.R. :D

I knew that...I may even have my SC this year. Need to figure out an E85 friendly route:O)

BLOWN38
01-18-2013, 10:59 AM
I knew that...I may even have my SC this year. Need to figure out an E85 friendly route:O)

5 gallon gas cans in the trunk.;)

Maybe I'll have something that runs on e85 too.

Trunk Monkey
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
5 gallon gas cans in the trunk.;)

Maybe I'll have something that runs on e85 too.

Ah... :rolleyes:

You making the switch too?

XxSlowpokexX
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Im already planning on an extra 15 gallons worth in trunk haha!

XxSlowpokexX
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I am unsure how ill be sucking it down so I want to be prepared, At least 1 fillup along the way

rjgraul
01-18-2013, 03:37 PM

Didn't you hear.... No Teals allowed again this year...... ROTFLMAO :rolleyes:

JimCherry
01-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Is the in June in not when is the date?

rjgraul
01-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Is the in June in not when is the date?

June 7-9 does that help?,

BLOWN38
01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Ah... :rolleyes:

You making the switch too?

I've been planning it for about 2 years now. Just haven't had the chance to convert it.

If the black car isn't running for carlisle the 80lb injectors should be on the red car so I can run some e85 thru that too.

Trunk Monkey
01-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Nice.

I just ordered up a set of 60lb injectors. Rob said there were tuning issues with the 80's and recommended against them.

For some reason BuyFordRacing has the 60's and 80's priced exactly the same. Which makes me wonder why the 80's aren't worth more ... :confused: IMHO it tends to lead credence to what he's saying.

Anyway, back on topic. I'll be at Carlisle this year.

JimCherry
01-19-2013, 07:52 PM
I will be there! Looking forward to seeing some great modifications on the T-birds to get some more ideas!

Ken Seegers
01-22-2013, 08:34 AM
I'll be there...i'll even have the white sc ready just in case a certain teal sc cant make it.:D

coolhand
01-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Well I finally have the time avaiable for a run to Carlisle!!!!!!! Got some parts to install but shes ready. Hope to see some old friends
CoolHand
(Matt)

BLOWN38
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Well I finally have the time avaiable for a run to Carlisle!!!!!!! Got some parts to install but shes ready. Hope to see some old friends
CoolHand
(Matt)

Don't tease us.:D

coolhand
01-22-2013, 12:36 PM
I had the hotel booked and tickets purchased but family reasons prevented my going. As of this moment, everything looks clear> Car is going for new brakes and need to find a suitable spare. New pulleys and tensioners will be installed in a few weeks, and thinking I might install a radio somewhere, but thats optional> I was trying to sell this car but glad now that I didnt.
Hope it works out this year.

Just curious if there were some folks I could convoy with I am Near Toronto so could travel either thru Buffalo or down 81.

Thought I might include a pic.

Matt

fast Ed
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
That's good to hear, Matt. I'm hoping to make it down this year as well.

cheers
Ed

XxSlowpokexX
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Matt and Ed..Get a Canadian convoy like the good ole days!

coolhand
01-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I am sure we might find at least one more to head down with. Lot of folks having trouble meeting their budgets the same as you Yanks. Not sure if Eds bringing a car or not.
Matt

fast Ed
01-22-2013, 08:24 PM
I'd like to take my 66 down, if I am confident enough with the car that it will complete the 7 hour journey! ;)

Tim Groth
01-25-2013, 07:57 PM
I'll be there and tenatively bringing 1 other SC owner from Roanoke and then 2 girls that are into Fords and own Mustangs. May also have my Sister & Brother n Law like other years.

I will start a thread here in the next couple of weeks on shirts/goodie bags for everyone who preregisters...name badges and such...try to work on some organizational things so we can all stay on track.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
01-25-2013, 09:23 PM
I had just posted this huge thing for the first post last night a sin other years then my computer froze..And it never went through!

I have someone that can possably do some artwork for tshirts. Tim do you want to talk to vendors about Donating stuff for teh raffle? That would help immensly and we really need a head start on that.

Ill try the official post again later tonight. Look forward to seeing ya!

Tim Groth
01-26-2013, 01:01 AM
I had just posted this huge thing for the first post last night a sin other years then my computer froze..And it never went through!

I have someone that can possably do some artwork for tshirts. Tim do you want to talk to vendors about Donating stuff for teh raffle? That would help immensly and we really need a head start on that.

Ill try the official post again later tonight. Look forward to seeing ya!

Yes I can make the contacts to vendors...may also try to see if I can get some freebies from my part time gig with the parts store. Advance Auto is usually pretty good to me when I ask. Those bags and coupons were just something quick they tossed me - I'm sure I can do more with organized effort.

Next weekend I'll be hanging out with Chris Vining and we intend to discuss some thoughts around it. I'm pretty sure if started now it will be a great end result.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
01-26-2013, 02:10 AM
Yes good deal!!!!! And this new hotel..YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE...I updatd the first post with info. Tim if you want you can start another post just for vendor contributions. That way you can edit it. I like to give the vendors a good word. Such as Ralph our Amsoil dealer. Hes been generous every year since weve started!

J dot Miller
01-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I had the Wife book a room. She said there was a problem! There is no bar in the hotel. Is there a bar near-bye?
:eek:

Trunk Monkey
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
There'll be a bar in the parking lot from what I've read previously in this thread. lol

.... and from the first post "They have a built in bar and a mechanical bull...Cool place.

3. They put on a Friday night BBQ event for all the clubs staying there... a FREE beer and Hot Dog/Hamburger with Sides type buffet to show their appreciation to the clubs.
4. Multiple bars and outside areas for us to meet in. They also are connected to a Country night club with a mechanical bull.
..."

Are you sure you're looking/booking at the same hotel?

J dot Miller
01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Ohhh good. Thanks for reading it for me. :)

Regul8r
01-26-2013, 01:43 PM
There is a bar at/in the hotel AND the attached nightclub too.

From the website....

" Legends Sports Bar and Grille serves American favorites in a pub atmosphere with more than 30 televisions and booths with private televisions.

High-Energy Nightclub provides live entertainment every weekend, while the outdoor deck offers seasonal entertainment, dining and drinks."

On the website there are some picks of a real nice outdoor Tiki-Bar looking area by the pool. I can only go by what I was told and what I see.
There are others here that have been to this hotel who might be able to help out.

XxSlowpokexX
01-26-2013, 03:01 PM
There is a bar at/in the hotel AND the attached nightclub too.

From the website....

" Legends Sports Bar and Grille serves American favorites in a pub atmosphere with more than 30 televisions and booths with private televisions.

High-Energy Nightclub provides live entertainment every weekend, while the outdoor deck offers seasonal entertainment, dining and drinks."

On the website there are some picks of a real nice outdoor Tiki-Bar looking area by the pool. I can only go by what I was told and what I see.
There are others here that have been to this hotel who might be able to help out.

I been there many times..Its a GREAT BAR!!!!!!!

Regul8r
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Good to know! Looking forward to a GREAT event.

My Gran Torino Group and the SCCoA together at the hotel.
we have a large meeting room and also an adjoining room off my room for the party/hospitality room! Should be alot of fun!

J dot Miller
01-26-2013, 08:13 PM
I hope the night club has a disco ball. Then I can strut my stuff... :D

http://www.houseofrave.com/media/disco-balls/disco-ball-all-set-big.gif

XxSlowpokexX
01-27-2013, 02:03 AM
I hope the night club has a disco ball. Then I can strut my stuff... :D

http://www.houseofrave.com/media/disco-balls/disco-ball-all-set-big.gif

We are getting you on that mechanical bull!:eek:

rjgraul
01-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Next weekend I'll be hanging out with Chris Vining and we intend to discuss some thoughts around it. I'm pretty sure if started now it will be a great end result.

-Tim[/QUOTE]

Tim I can come over next week end too just let me know. I just need to know where since I have never been to Chris' :eek:

J dot Miller
01-27-2013, 11:11 AM
We are getting you on that mechanical bull!:eek:

Funny thing, I just came back from a few week stint in Texas. They have a saying in San Antonio: "Some like to ride it, some like to eat it". :eek:

I must admit, I put all my effort in eating steak instead of riding it...
:)

Tim Groth
01-27-2013, 04:55 PM

-Tim

Tim I can come over next week end too just let me know. I just need to know where since I have never been to Chris' :eek:[/QUOTE]

We are meeting at Massanutten Ski Resort - for a leisure weekend...I will touch base with you here shortly...thanks for reaching out to me to make vendor contacts easy on my end.

-Tim

rjgraul
01-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Tim I can come over next week end too just let me know. I just need to know where since I have never been to Chris' :eek:

We are meeting at Massanutten Ski Resort - for a leisure weekend...I will touch base with you here shortly...thanks for reaching out to me to make vendor contacts easy on my end.

-Tim[/QUOTE]

Chris sent me a PM too. I thought you were coming up to Woodbridge. Have Fun up on the slopes. :D

Wardboy
01-31-2013, 03:46 PM
I'll be there...i'll even have the white sc ready just in case a certain teal sc cant make it.:D

Hush....and get prepared to finish second!!! :D:D

XxSlowpokexX
01-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Hush....and get prepared to finish second!!! :D:D

All this bickering..TEAL FTW..and I have some cosmetic trick sup my sleave!

XxSlowpokexX
01-31-2013, 07:40 PM
BTW first page has been updated to an extent with all info

Regul8r
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
BTW first page has been updated to an extent with all info

WOW!

This is only our 3rd annual meet as the Gran Torino Sport.ORG club.
We have a great group of people and think both groups will get along awesome!

We are no where near as coordinated as SCCoA yet!
Thanks for the ideas and helping show us how to do an even better event.

I know alot of the GTS.ORG is going to be headed to the drag race on Friday.

I am open to advice from any of the SCCoA Carlisle veterans as to things to do. We could join y'all too if it would not be a problem?
IF we did we would help out and contribute in any way possible.

BTW, Y'all are invited to join us on the convoy link up along the way.
1. Leaving Kansas City bright and early Wednesday. Link up point for a couple of us. People joining us along the route.
2. Stop over in Louisville, KY for the night. Meeting up with a large group of members coming in from the south and having a BBQ at a members house.
3. Leaving Louisville Thursday morning in a large convoy from Louisville into Carlisle. Should be a large group or cars driving along with trucks and trailers.

Let me know

XxSlowpokexX
01-31-2013, 09:34 PM
I found the drag racing to be just to much on a Friday after the long drive...So generally we do the cruise (Dave Ward plans a route and we caravan about the area)....There after we eat..AND DRINK (which causes me not to GIVE A F saturday morning as far as waking up early! Some get together sat morning head out to breakfast before the show (I sleep in) haha

Saturday in make car purdy, voting on other cars, walk around. Swap meet, burnout contest , bikini contest....Then we do a dinner usually at olive garden...give out awards....Then GO KARTS!!!!(unfortunately thats limited)..THEN DRINK MORE

Then sunday..recoop...collect awards...And go home...

Now there is the Carlisle Parade they started last year but we didnt really attend that.

Honestly there isnt much time to do extra stuff..Its kind of a packed weekend

Regul8r
01-31-2013, 09:38 PM
I found the drag racing to be just to much on a Friday after the long drive...So generally we do the cruise (Dave Ward plans a route and we caravan about the area)....There after we eat..AND DRINK (which causes me not to GIVE A F saturday morning as far as waking up early! Some get together sat morning head out to breakfast before the show (I sleep in) haha

Saturday in make car purdy, voting on other cars, walk around. Swap meet, burnout contest , bikini contest....Then we do a dinner usually at olive garden...give out awards....Then GO KARTS!!!!(unfortunately thats limited)..THEN DRINK MORE

Then sunday..recoop...collect awards...And go home...

Now there is the Carlisle Parade they started last year but we didnt really attend that.

Honestly there isnt much time to do extra stuff..Its kind of a packed weekend

Taking my cues from you! lol

XxSlowpokexX
02-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Taking my cues from you! lol

Hey maybe if you(and the torino guys) enjoy it we can plan something bigger next year..OR YOU CAN BRING AN SC!!!!

Regul8r
02-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Hey maybe if you(and the torino guys) enjoy it we can plan something bigger next year..OR YOU CAN BRING AN SC!!!!

DON'T laugh when I roll up in the Gran Torino pulling the SC on trailer and the wife in her 07 V-6 Mustang!

Or even all 3 on gooseneck towed behind a F350 Crew Cab Dually!

Tim Groth
02-01-2013, 02:19 AM
DON'T laugh when I roll up in the Gran Torino pulling the SC on trailer and the wife in her 07 V-6 Mustang!

Or even all 3 on gooseneck towed behind a F350 Crew Cab Dually!

I brought 3 SC's a few years back...it can be done ;):D.

Looks like I may have 4 SC'ers from the 'noke area coming with me...some may remember Mr Blvd w/ a Teal 94 5spd from years ago...long and short he gave his son the car and picked up a '13 BOSS...(fun ride that was). Needless I have his son on bored with coming...so add 2 more teal SC's. My goal is to over load the Teal category so that Pearl White becomes more appealing ;).

5 months to go.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I brought 3 SC's a few years back...it can be done ;):D.

Looks like I may have 4 SC'ers from the 'noke area coming with me...some may remember Mr Blvd w/ a Teal 94 5spd from years ago...long and short he gave his son the car and picked up a '13 BOSS...(fun ride that was). Needless I have his son on bored with coming...so add 2 more teal SC's. My goal is to over load the Teal category so that Pearl White becomes more appealing ;).

5 months to go.

-Tim

HEY MORE COMPETITION!!! BRING IT!:eek:

Wardboy
02-02-2013, 12:23 PM
...so add 2 more teal SC's. My goal is to over load the Teal category so that Pearl White becomes more appealing ;).

-Tim

Sweet!!! Next there will be a Teal SC registry!!! ;)

Ken Seegers
02-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Sweet!!! Next there will be a Teal SC registry!!! ;)

Next your going to want a rainbow club registry.

J dot Miller
02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Do not forget about the XR7 club registry. :cool: Sorry no rainbows allowed! :eek:

Scott Long
02-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Ok I'm thinking I'll get back and just put my SC back together as is. Then convert the brakes over one weekend, and strip the purple tint off of it, and then hopefully I can make it out to carlisle with it. Might even take a day to scuff the paint, tape it up and cover the windows and rattle can the damn thing. It won't be pretty but its a work in progress. If not I still want to come even if I just drive out in my truck. I'll be out of the military then, probably on un-employment, so I should be able to arrive early friday evening.

BLOWN38
02-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Ok I'm thinking I'll get back and just put my SC back together as is. Then convert the brakes over one weekend, and strip the purple tint off of it, and then hopefully I can make it out to carlisle with it. Might even take a day to scuff the paint, tape it up and cover the windows and rattle can the damn thing. It won't be pretty but its a work in progress. If not I still want to come even if I just drive out in my truck. I'll be out of the military then, probably on un-employment, so I should be able to arrive early friday evening.

Awesome! Carlisle is always a good time.

Ken Seegers
02-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I am now officially registered....bring on the teal SC's!

rjgraul
02-06-2013, 08:13 PM
I am now officially registered....bring on the teal SC's!

That is what we need ...more competition for the Teals. ;)

90sc35thann
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I am in.

Shirt size Large for quantity 3.

Registering now and will book hotel this evening. I love this show! Haven't been there in years.

90sc35thann
02-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Just registered. Pretty exciting. Now I am more than motivated to have my new powerplant installed and running by then. :) I will be coming from New Hampster, so if I can meet up with anyone and join a convoy that woudl be cool. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxSlowpokexX
02-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Look forward to seeing you there!!!

90sc35thann
02-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah I just called my old man. I'll be making a pit stop in NJ and dragging him along with me. LOL

XxSlowpokexX
02-08-2013, 09:34 PM
The more the merrier!

BLOWN38
02-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Sweet this sounds like it might be a big year for us!

rjgraul
02-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Damon, did you get the pictures of the banner?
I think the PM system on this site is a little flaky today. Tried to send you a PM and it appeared not to send. Yesterday I got you PM 3 times. :eek:

XxSlowpokexX
02-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Yes. I see what your saying but if thats what we ended up with for now I guess its good. I did respond to your PM. Unless we can can get a new one for free it sprobably good enough for now no??

rjgraul
02-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes. I see what your saying but if thats what we ended up with for now I guess its good. I did respond to your PM. Unless we can can get a new one for free it sprobably good enough for now no??

I guess It will be good enough for this year at least. It does look fair from a distance.

J dot Miller
02-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Glad to hear. Not sure I can to do the logo correctly with my software.

Crash00527
02-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Hey everyone. Can't wait this year. Ill know for sure if I'm coming soon.

rjgraul
02-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone. Can't wait this year. Ill know for sure if I'm coming soon.

Where have you been Crash we missed you last year.

Crash00527
02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
I had weddings galore and training for my job. I will prob. Make it this year

90sc35thann
02-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Just booked a room! Great rate! You guys Rock!

Crash00527
02-24-2013, 01:29 PM
I booked a while ago and I booked another hotel down the street Bc I had free rewards points lol. Ill decide where I'm gonna stay prob. The week prior.

XxSlowpokexX
04-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I finally registered LMAO!

Crash00527
04-12-2013, 03:30 AM
Out of all people.... You should be ashamed :eek:

Tim Groth
04-12-2013, 05:30 PM
I finally registered LMAO!

Booked today also...was informed thru conversation hooters is closed...hold back the shock.

-Tim

Crash00527
04-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Guess we gotta find a new Friday night hotspot. Maybe our new hotel? Don't they have a BBQ night or something Friday!

J dot Miller
04-12-2013, 07:59 PM
No surprise there. What a dump! :eek:

What about margaritas at the mexican restaurant? The Jersey boys used to love that place...

Thinking about selling my non-supercharged Cougar at the corral. Not sure if it is a good spot or not. Finished that project, runs great, kicks great straight line booty but, I want to focus on the XR7!

XxSlowpokexX
04-12-2013, 11:26 PM
The new hotel as a great bar/club!

XxSlowpokexX
04-12-2013, 11:29 PM
No surprise there. What a dump! :eek:

What about margaritas at the mexican restaurant? The Jersey boys used to love that place...

Thinking about selling my non-supercharged Cougar at the corral. Not sure if it is a good spot or not. Finished that project, runs great, kicks great straight line booty but, I want to focus on the XR7!

That xr7 will be sweet!

MikeKanterakis
04-14-2013, 05:02 AM
me and my brother need to be there...

Crash00527
04-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Doubt you're gonna come out here from call Greek boy lol

MikeKanterakis
04-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Doubt you're gonna come out here from call Greek boy lol

From Cali? That's how I did it las time for the Thunderbird Evolution display. ;). But I watched Ricardo's video from 2011 and remembered the time he borrowed my belt tensioner so he could dyno his car. That time they cracked his front bumper when they put it on that angled dyno.

rjgraul
04-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Seven weeks to go guys and gals. :D

Crash00527
04-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Yea baby!!

Steve Alger
05-08-2013, 09:27 PM
I hope to stop in and meet some more of you at Carlisle. I doubt I'll get my car registered. I found out my sons graduation is the Saturday of the Ford event. I had my Black 89 SC out last year at Carlisle and I met a few people from the Mid-Atlantic Group in Hagerstown last year the weekend of the drags at Mason-Dixon. Have fun. I might be around some on Thursday and Friday.

XxSlowpokexX
05-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Wwwwwwwwooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo

Crash00527
05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
So go to both. Unless you can't because of distance and time.

SCTBIRD1173
05-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Hey Damon! Your favorite Lincoln fan here... :rolleyes:

Although I'll be in my Mark with the Lincolns of Distinction group again this year I will definitely hang with my SC boys as usual. :D I thought Doug would be bringing his SC this year but he informed me he sold it last month :( At least you never have to worry about me selling mine! :p I'll try and bring it next year, the clutch is hurting but I keep beating on it... so far so good! :D

Please put me in for the go-karts, let me know if you want the money in advance I can paypal it to you.

Also I'll believe it when I see it... you'll have the Stang there again!

Ken Seegers
05-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Please put me in for the go-karts, let me know if you want the money in advance I can paypal it to you.

Also I'll believe it when I see it... you'll have the Stang there again!

Bryan,
Dont worry....Damon will have the mustang there. The teal car wont be representing anytime soon.

BTW.....your mine at go-karts! :p

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
05-13-2013, 10:31 PM
I do believe the stang may be there again...so sad

90sc35thann
05-14-2013, 06:59 AM
I am hoping to have my tune dialed in to the point where I can take a long drive and get there. I registered a few months ago thinking I had plenty of time. Now I am in a panic. Being new to the quarter horse and BE is cool but not when Carlisle is 3 weeks out. LOL.

J dot Miller
05-14-2013, 07:25 AM

Must be a NY thing. Don O did the same thing for a few years. :eek:

SCTBIRD1173
05-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Bryan,
Dont worry....Damon will have the mustang there. The teal car wont be representing anytime soon.

BTW.....your mine at go-karts! :p

Ken

Damon can't bust on me for bringing the Mark as long as he keeps bringing the Stang. At least I'm on the right frame :D

HAHA bring it on Ken! You're going leave with more bruises :p

SCTBIRD1173
05-14-2013, 10:36 AM

Oh and I'm the outcast for bringing the Mark... I see how it is ;)

Now John, it's not polite to compare Damon to Don... :D

rjgraul
05-14-2013, 05:04 PM

Well I could bring my Mustang as sympathy for those Hot Rod SCers that can't bring theirs cause they aren't running (tuned) right.... :rolleyes:

Naaaah I gotta bring the SC........:D

J dot Miller
05-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Now John, it's not polite to compare Damon to Don... :D

I dunno, the names are just two letter apart? Though I try and try every now and then I show bad manners. If there was only a polishing school for wayward and scruffy XR7 owners. :eek:

Still they both drive mustangs and hang with the cool crowd. :) Alas, I am ok with strays, even more so when they register as SCCoA so we can keep getting the tent. :cool: :p Heck I will even put up with a chevy owner. :0

SCTBIRD1173
05-14-2013, 08:31 PM
I dunno, the names are just two letter apart?

LOL yeah but Damon doesn't stand us up yet... :D

XxSlowpokexX
05-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Crud my second car ever was a 5.0 84 notch stang....I didnt get my first SC till the mid 90's or so....When I could actually afford one.

That being said....My daily driver is a KIA and my stang is a complete beater...WAS REALLY hoping my SC would be ready but its just not 100%. So another year SCless it seams.

But I just park my car in the stang section and head on over to the SC fun! haha

J dot Miller
05-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Great news! You the man!

Now I am getting the Carlisle goose bumps! Just a few more weeks away....

Tim Groth
05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Great news! You the man!

Now I am getting the Carlisle goose bumps! Just a few more weeks away....

I think this is a sign that you sir need a Beer.

-Tim

J dot Miller
05-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. I had three today and feel much better now. :confused:

Crash00527
05-18-2013, 02:04 PM
It's official!! Got my window sticker today.

rjgraul
05-18-2013, 02:17 PM
It's official!! Got my window sticker today.

I got mine yesterday...... three weeks. Ya Hoo

BLOWN38
05-18-2013, 09:59 PM
3 weeks to go... boohoo... so much to do.:(

Trunk Monkey
05-18-2013, 10:06 PM
No Doubt!

I ordered fresh tires for the car. That's it for now. The rest is going to have to wait until after Carlisle and should be ready in time for Summer Blast.

90sc35thann
05-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Chris I hear you man. I am trying to get my tune worked out so I can feel comfortable driving the 8 hours to Carlisle. LOL I am hoping my fuel curve looks good so I can start working on next steps.

Tim Groth
05-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Engine & trans Swap prior to Carlisle and hopefully line locks too so I can FINALLY do the Burn out Contest :D...Kind of like an "All I want for Christmas" sort of deal.

If I can find a Beater Ford Product that would possibly throw a rod while doing the burnout contest I would totally buy it...that's king of the hill material in the contest.

-Tim

kostaccio
05-19-2013, 11:05 AM
I have a spare set of wheels on my back porch which were intended for streetable drag radials but I may have to find some used regular tires on Craigslist and mount them for the burnout contest.... tossing the idea around. :D

Crash00527
05-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Do it do it.... Finally a tbird at the burnout contest.

Wardboy
05-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Crud my second car ever was a 5.0 84 notch stang....I didnt get my first SC till the mid 90's or so....When I could actually afford one.

That being said....My daily driver is a KIA and my stang is a complete beater...WAS REALLY hoping my SC would be ready but its just not 100%. So another year SCless it seams.

But I just park my car in the stang section and head on over to the SC fun! haha

Why don't you ask Ken to borrow the white car since it appears I won't need to borrow it this year!!!!

DW

Crash00527
05-19-2013, 03:45 PM

OH NO! ... I know you just didn't say that lol

msp252
05-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Can I sign up under SCCoA if I have an LX?

BLOWN38
05-19-2013, 07:52 PM

Yessir. I believe that is what all the guys on Tccoa are doing. So we can get a free tent.

Trunk Monkey
05-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Nah, we're just signing up with you guys because SCCoA is the only MN12 Tbird club in the drop down menu on the Carlisle registration page. :D

Honestly though, it's an honor to hang with you guys!

See you soon!

J dot Miller
05-20-2013, 07:07 AM
Nah, we're just signing up with you guys because SCCoA is the only MN12 Tbird club in the drop down menu on the Carlisle registration page. :D

Honestly though, it's an honor to hang with you guys!

See you soon!

All you guys are invited to join us in our Saturday Night Olive garden dinner and other events.

If I can find a Beater Ford Product that would possibly throw a rod while doing the burnout contest I would totally buy it...that's king of the hill material in the contest.

-Tim

Too bad Damon needs his Mustang to go home. :D

Crash00527
05-20-2013, 08:04 AM

The more the merrier. They don't care if it's an SC, as long as its a T-bird. All you guys right across from us anyway.

J dot Miller
05-20-2013, 08:13 PM
The more the merrier. They don't care if it's an SC, as long as its a T-bird. All you guys right across from us anyway.

Hey, we love Cougars too. Some even more... :o

Crash00527
05-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Hey, we love Cougars too. Some even more... :o

yea..i guess... :rolleyes:

David Neibert
05-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Yessir. I believe that is what all the guys on Tccoa are doing. So we can get a free tent.

SCCoA is taking care of the tent, chairs and a couple more things. You guys have fun.

David

Ken Seegers
05-29-2013, 09:00 PM
SCCoA is taking care of the tent, chairs and a couple more things. You guys have fun.

David

David,
Thank you.....now we have to get some of you guys to come. Cough*Kurt k*cough.
Ken

BLOWN38
05-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Thanks Again SCCoA! They have never left us out in the sun or rain without shelter.:)

Wardboy
05-31-2013, 07:53 PM
David,
Thank you.....now we have to get some of you guys to come. Cough*Kurt k*cough.
Ken

I second that!!!

DW

rjgraul
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Link for 10 day weather forecast for Carlisle.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Carlisle+PA+17013:4:US

Crash00527
06-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Yea I saw. Hopefully it doesn't rain. Even though it never fails to rain every year for 10-20 min. During the show.

David Neibert
06-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm planning to attend Carlisle in 2014...for real.

David

J dot Miller
06-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Yea I saw. Hopefully it doesn't rain. Even though it never fails to rain every year for 10-20 min. During the show.

Oh no. I Hope you do not jinx us?

Crash00527
06-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Well than. Guess I won't be coming to the show now. After all the mods I did. Car won't start. Only starts when I spray carb cleaner into MAF.
I had just put on a new MP inlet, 85mm TB cl 76 MAF and tune up etc.
now just turns over. FML. Don't even know what to do now. Did all my checks with vacuum lines etc. anyone have a clue.

BLOWN38
06-06-2013, 06:15 PM
No tune? If no tune unplug the maf and see what happens. I hope you didn't think I meant install all your parts before you got to carlisle.

ricardoa1
06-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Well than. Guess I won't be coming to the show now. After all the mods I did. Car won't start. Only starts when I spray carb cleaner into MAF.
I had just put on a new MP inlet, 85mm TB cl 76 MAF and tune up etc.
now just turns over. FML. Don't even know what to do now. Did all my checks with vacuum lines etc. anyone have a clue.

Put the stock MaF back on

Crash00527
06-06-2013, 07:18 PM
After 2 hours of troubleshooting with Damon and my friend.....CAR STARTS!!!! Just gotta run a few more tests and fine tune it! The new tps was faulty!!!

Ken Seegers
06-06-2013, 07:51 PM
After 2 hours of troubleshooting with Damon and my friend.....CAR STARTS!!!! Just gotta run a few more tests and fine tune it! The new tps was faulty!!!

It would not be Carlisle without last minute fixing of sc's

rjgraul
06-06-2013, 08:19 PM

Panic attack over......? :D

Crash00527
06-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Yea. I wrote a whole reply. Guess it got cut off. I will bicker more about at the show, so everyone can join me in my agony lol this car was suppose to be done mon/ tue. But due to a particular person I didn't get an adapter that was suppose to sent 3 weeks ago etc

Rob
06-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Hope everyone made it home ok, suprised monday morning and no one posted yet. I made it home around 9pm, had a great time, now I can put some faces to the names, looking forward to seeing everyone again, it's a great group of people to be associated with.

Crash00527
06-10-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm also shocked. There's usual posts up by now. I got home at 10. Left late, drove through Philly for a cheesesteak, did some shopping at nj outlets dropped friend off at home than unpacked and relaxed. Was a great show. Cart wait till next year.

XxSlowpokexX
06-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Great time as always..Next year will be even better...We plan on having an SC in the burnout contest and want to make an attempt at the best decorated tent area....Good luck right? hahaha..Ill post some photos later..Better yet a new thread is appropriate

Crash00527
06-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Yes lots of pics. Especially of bikini contest and also especially the participant with the ankle bracelet lol

BLOWN38
06-10-2013, 01:23 PM
especially the participant with the ankle bracelet lol

She walked right by you when we were sitting in the line for the trophies. It was just before we got up there, when we were infront of the old car with the marbalized flame paint job.

ricardoa1
06-10-2013, 01:40 PM
I still got her number. We can call her next year.

Crash00527
06-10-2013, 01:53 PM
She walked right by you when we were sitting in the line for the trophies. It was just before we got up there, when we were infront of the old car with the marbalized flame paint job.

Yes I saw. Kinda hard to miss lol

Regul8r
06-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Finally home! 3,500 miles since last Wednesday Morning! Wed Morn-Junction City, KS (Home) to Louisville, KY... Thurs Morn-Louisville, KY to Carlisle, PA... Fri Morn- Carlisle, PA to Webster, MA Fri Night-AND BACK by 5am... Sun Afternoon- Carlisle, PA to Baltimore, MD... Tues Morn-Baltimore, MD to Louisville, KY... Wed Afternoon- Louisville, KY to Home in Junction City, KS! Home safe and sound! Time to get ready for a GREAT WEEKEND of LIVE BullRiding at our Bar!!
www.coreyscountrycorral.com

Crash00527
06-14-2013, 04:19 AM
Damn. In thought i was the only one that took crazy car rides.

driller
06-14-2013, 11:16 AM
7 days and 6 hours later, I finally return home from Carlisle and some vacationing. :cool:

The Blue Flame won 1st place in the Modified Mark VIII class...

http://photos.imageevent.com/driller/carlisle2013/large/IMG_3329.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/driller/carlisle2013/large/IMG_3330.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/driller/carlisle2013/large/IMG_3341.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/driller/carlisle2013/large/IMG_3342.JPG

Enjoy the pics at http://imageevent.com/driller/carlisle2013. :D