How hard can I be on car

PETEp

I have had my 90 SC for seven years. I got it from a little old lady who loved the car. She took great care of the car every service was done. She never beat on it and I don`t either no burn outs I don`t hold the gas to the floor. Should I push the car a little harder am I hurting it by not pushing it I don`t want to be fixing it either how much can these cars take PETE

These cars are regularly beat on by 18 year olds who don't know any better.

And then they are beat on by 38 year olds that should know better.

Go ahead, drive it hard and fast. Just treat it well. Keep good gas in it. Change the oil regularly. Change the coolant regularly. Don't let it overheat.

Other than that, just have fun.

Pete, if I may, I'm 49 and still going (I think). I have more fun in my 35th than I ever did with a Boss 302 I had because I have the better handling, steering, and Air Conditioning!! You have the luxury of having a car that was treated well which is not always the case. Mike8675309 hit it on the nose. As long as you keep on top of the fluids and maintenance, it will treat you right. Just remember it's age and expect some things to go south occasionally. Good maintenance will keep that from being a real problem though. Have fun. :)

Beat the hell out of it. They make parts everyday just keep it in context. No neutral drops or stupid stuff like that. Also dont push the limits out wet country roads <----- Bad experience but i learned from it. Have fun you only live once.

drive the car.. get on it on the highways, throw her into some turns.. but if you beat on a SC every day you will be in the shop every 2 weeks. just dont be stupid. you can tell the diffrence between opening her up a little and blowing donuts every night. =)

drive the car.. get on it on the highways, throw her into some turns.. but if you beat on a SC every day you will be in the shop every 2 weeks. just dont be stupid. you can tell the diffrence between opening her up a little and blowing donuts every night. =)

Back