try to convert???

thunderfamily

my wifes '92' base model blew a head gasket. i got the bright idea to put it back together using a factory super charger that i acquired from work (@ 12 cents a pound ha ha). it seems complete: intercooler,air intake pipes,intake manifold and all the hardware. how hard is this going to be to do? my concerns are: the ecm, injectors,sensors,pulleys,etc. i'm sure this has been done but how much is this going to hurt my wallet and my sanity?

If you're talking about turning a base 3.8 n/a bird into a supercoupe then my suggestion to you is don't. You're better off just buying a supercoupe because there are too many differences and too much involved to make the swap worth it.

You really would need the whole wiring harness from an sc. You would need to buy a rusted sc that you could convert everything over from otherwise it just isn't plug and play without a ton of work. Fix the car you've got, sell it and buy an SC!

Chris

hope you plan to beef up the crank, rods, and pistons. if not, get a custom bigger pulley to keep the boost under 6 psi.

Back