PDA

View Full Version : spam private messages

90blkbrd
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Looks like the spammers found a way to mess with our website.

SC Newbie

Free latest movies with high quality
Hello,

Welcome to our forum http://himovie.org and enjoy latest movies.

We provide you free latest movies with high quality.

You can request any movies if they are not available.

http://himovie.org"

Here is the users's profile.

Total Posts: 0
Posts Per Day: 0
Find all posts by bustop
Find all threads started by bustop

General Information

Last Activity: Today 11:06 AM
Current Activity: Private Messaging

David Neibert
01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
George and Pat are both aware of this issue and are taking action to prevent it.

David

ben2go
01-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Good.I am getting spammed too.I see his profile is still available.He hasn't been banned yet.I thought all spammers got an auto ban.:mad:

CougarXR/7
01-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah.....I got one as well

Young-SC-Owner
01-28-2013, 11:58 PM
They tried me

Pat DiPersia
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
This has been "rectified."

All new users must post a minimum number of public forum posts before they will be allowed to send PMs. I imagine the robotos won't bother.

I have also put in a max number of PMs per a time interval, as well as the max PM recipients per PM. Anyone using the system normally will never hit these limits.

90blkbrd
01-30-2013, 11:29 AM

All new users must post a minimum number of public forum posts before they will be allowed to send PMs. I imagine the robotos won't bother.

I have also put in a max number of PMs per a time interval, as well as the max PM recipients per PM. Anyone using the system normally will never hit these limits.

Thanks Pat. Your awesome!

28HopUp
01-30-2013, 11:58 AM

Thanks for getting rid of the SPAMMER. I had sent a PM to an Admin about it yesterday, and logged in today to find that my PM's no longer work. I am more of a lurker, so I guess my low post count is below your new minimum settings?

ben2go
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM

Good deal.Thanks.

28HopUp
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks for getting rid of the SPAMMER. I had sent a PM to an Admin about it yesterday, and logged in today to find that my PM's no longer work. I am more of a lurker, so I guess my low post count is below your new minimum settings?

My PMs are back. Thanks again to the Admins/Mods for your time and effort to maintain this forum. :cool:

72jerry98
01-31-2013, 08:12 PM
That explains why I cant PM. How many posts do I need to get my PMs back?
Jerry

dubf
05-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Yes, I am in the same boat. I can't PM, either. How do I fix this?

David Neibert
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Yes, I am in the same boat. I can't PM, either. How do I fix this?

You have to make 10 post before you can send PMs.

David

ben2go
05-08-2013, 02:30 PM
You have to make 10 post before you can send PMs.

David

Sounds good to me.