buying a 92 auto sc couple of questions

J3ARB3AR

Im going to look at a 92 auto this friday. Ive already seen the car and heard it run car sounds great and has a fresh rebuilt motor with 94 block less than 2000 miles an trans overhaul 20000 ago the body has 140000. My two questions are one i know theres a thread on doing a manual swap so if i could get a link that would be great. Second is the guy said it runs good but it has high hydrocarbon readings and it runs rich. He told me he had a chip burned by sct but it didnt fix the problem of running rich. He sais he cant find any vacuum leaks im thinking possibly fuel pressure regulator plus it has highflow cats. Anybody experienced this or have any suggestions?

Tell us the color of the injectors and if it has a factory MAF or not. The answer may lay within one of the above

Ya idk about the injectors i wana say their stock tho an also factory maf no cold air intake or anything yet im going to put one on tho when i get it.

Im also thinking to try a set of hotter spark plugs to burn the mixture better i kno its not because its running lean so somthing is causing the mixture to not burn completely

Im also thinking to try a set of hotter spark plugs to burn the mixture better i kno its not because its running lean so somthing is causing the mixture to not burn completely

You want a colder plug for hotter spark. A hotter plug is only good if you are trying to stop a plug from oil fouling due to excessive blow by.

Also a vacuum leak giving the computer a false lean condition will cause the PCM to fatten up the fuel mixture and this could cause high hydrocarbons.

Ya the guy who owns it is a older guy whos a tech so i mean i havnt got to mess with the thing yet so going by hopfully he knows what he doing he said he hasnt been able to find any vacuum leaks. Here again it has highflow cats so maybe somthing to do with just poor quality cats. he said the hc reading is up around 800

Back