I can smell my tires from here...

J dot Miller

I am up stairs and yet I can smell my new tires from here. Ah nothing like the smell of freshly made Tires in the morning... :eek:

I hope the new 255/50ZR16 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tires grip as well as they smell on my stock XR7 rims.

They get a good rating and I dunno but me thinks the smell will make a good cologne!

me thinks the smell will make a good cologne!

If you want to attract car guy's!:eek:

Congrats on the new rubber. Nothing like new tires but I just absolutely hate spending money on them.:D

I had G-Force Sports (from some time ago, perhaps a different compound, but the exact same tread pattern as these) on my SHO at Grattan near Grand Rapids, MI. a few years ago. The fronts were shreaded after one track day. However truth be told I was/am not a particularly good road race driver so I may have had something to do with the excessive wear. Other than that I like the BFG products especially their obsolete KDW.

The G force Sport comp 2 only was released to the market last September (in the 18's that I put on my car). I find that they give great confidence in the rain. I looked at the KDW because I like the gnarly tread pattern but I was warned off them because they tend to make more noise as they wear in. The Comp 2's were initially a bit loud but a few miles on them has made them quieter. The quality of BFG tires has gone way up since they were absorbed by Michellin.
Alan

Last edited:
I am up stairs and yet I can smell my new tires from here. Ah nothing like the smell of freshly made Tires in the morning... :eek:

I hope the new 255/50ZR16 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tires grip as well as they smell on my stock XR7 rims.

They get a good rating and I dunno but me thinks the smell will make a good cologne!

Lmao, I used to work at a tire shop and cannot stand the smell of tires anymore. :eek:
Good choice for rubbers though, who'd you go threw to get them?

I have the exact tires same size and all. I love them so far especially once they are warm they really hook well I was impressed.

On second thought, maybe the smell be a better perfume. I doubt I can get the Wife to wear it though? :eek:

I noticed that the tires are directional. So I will inspect them after installation to make sure they are all rolling i the correct direction otherwise there may be excessive wear.

Sounds like I made a good choice. The best price I found was at Tread Depot.com for $125 each. :)

Back