This is a feeler if not correct area please move fuel hats

Robertp

I've been talking with Justin at fore innovations, and if there is enough interest he is willing to make us tbird guys a fuel hat, setup for dual 255 or dual 405 pumps, I know there are quite a few sc guys running alot of horse power, this would be similar to the cobra hats but for a tbird, would use oem level sender and have a pair of wires per pump, could prolly be run single or dual setup, and accept 8an fittings, or run a stock line adapter, if enough interest he will make them I've aready sent pics of my dual 405 hat and dual 255 the best part is there would be no hose to fail everthing is oringed they even offer a 465 pump

Ideas or questions

Robert

Chris ill be honest my gauge is off cause I bent the return tube and didn't have time to start with another hat but usually at least a half a tank or better, if my gauge reads a half it's 3/4 of a tank, so about a half I'm fine any lower, it will lose fuel at the launch, I'm pushing for the nice fuel hat, but I know only certain tbird guys will want or even need this, there is pics on tccoa of the dual 405 hat. But me and Justin at fore were talking about just running one pump, and the second pump kick in off a hobbs switch so u are not always heating the fuel, actually his new controller coming out, will be able to do that with a hobbs switch, I know u were talking about e85 in your car, we have plenty of pumps to support 1000 rwhp on e85, the 405 or 465, cause I don't believe triple 255 will fit in a tbird tank, but dual pumps are required for 600 plus on e85, a single 405 will prolly go 525 wheel horse power on e85 and over 600 on gas, but these are v8 figures, u v6 guys seem to need alot bigger injecter but I'd imagine pump support would be the same, but please correct me I'm wrong, have messed with to many supercoupers and only 2 turbo coupes. Regardless these pumps are pretty strong my buddy's svo car is on 10 psi with 35 shot commanding 11.2 air fuel before meth on e85 & the single 405 had no issues keeping up

Robert

This should go in the New Products Forum, sounds to be like a good new product if it comes thru.

I know I would prefer a large single pump, but that may not be practical on E85. I don't intend to run E85 at all, but people who would be interested in this product may well intend to. I don't want to run dual pumps if a single will do, even if the single is more expensive. I dont' like the idea of a pump not kicking in when I need it, or me not being aware of when one fails.

Well currently I'm running both pumps full time u would have the option to run them either way, also u would be able to Run just one 405 or 465 pump the s197 cars on gas making over 600 rwhp on boost, I don't know what the average supercoupe guys make power wise but I know nitrous blower combination seems to be popular, but if your running gas and only plan around 600 rwhp one big pump would be the ticket, this fuel hat option would be a way not to have to run a fuel cell when guys are making big power, cause I remember and 800 plus wheel hp supercoupe but don't really know what he had for fuel

Robert

My understanding is the tanks sump is either not well enough baffled, or too small and big pumps tend to fuel starve from sloshing or the pump actually sucking the sump dry faster than it can refill. I don't come anywhere close to making enough power for the need to worry about this :mad: just what I've seen in comment from others. A few have even built surge tank systems to fix the problem. Is/can anything be done about this in conjunction with the multiple pumps? I guess I'm asking if two pumps will just run you into the next problem with delivery that will then need to be fixed.

Adam

I have had no such issues, with dual 405, would this be a problem with 1/4 tank and letting it rip prolly so, but I've had no issues driving normal, I'm sending my stock hat to Justin at fore, I need another unmolested hat if anyone cares to donate
Edit forgot I had one so he is gonna build this I do believe

Robert

I'd be interested in one with dual 405s, but don't really see how it can fit through the tiny opening on our fuel tank without removing the float and sender. Both my SCs have dual pumps in the tank that run full time, and both have the sender and float remote mounted to a baffle. Here is a picture of the one in my 91 SC. It has 6AN fittings for each pump and the return line, and insulated terminal studs that replace the factory connector.

garage_attachment.php

David

Believe it or not it fits pretty easy I've gotta get Justin some measurements, also I had to notch just inside the gasket, but it fit it was very tight, but I'm with David my setup works but would just be much nicer, and easier

Robert

I have had no such issues, with dual 405, would this be a problem with 1/4 tank and letting it rip prolly so, but I've had no issues driving normal, I'm sending my stock hat to Justin at fore, I need another unmolested hat if anyone cares to donate
Edit forgot I had one so he is gonna build this I do believe

Robert

Send him mine.

Well he is gonna get the proper stuff I'm super excited about this, he said the hat will be setup for different heights were its adjustable, since the 465 pump is fallen than the 405, he also said they will be setup using 8an fittings inside so if u just wanted one big pump no problem, I plan to send him a oem hat and my highly modded unit, I know some are not as stoked about this as me but its hard finding people that will make stuff for these older cars.

Off hand head count
Robertp
Trunk monkey
David neibret
Charlie's on tccoa
Bulldog on tccoa
RickyD on tccoa
Not very many but its a start

Robert

Back