PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle Welcome Packet - Brain Storm

Tim Groth
02-01-2013, 02:45 AM
Years past we've mentioned the idea making a welcoming packet for those in attendence, not only to help organize events and perhaps make the weekend a little smoother for all that attend. I would like some ideas on what items are important to those that are going.

Some ideas kicked around years prior:

1. Name Badge / Car Plaques (PREREG NEEDED)
2. Itenerary of Club Events for the weekend
3. Contact List of Members
4. Social Media Page to Post Updates

Ideas of my own:

1. Product Samples / Vendor Coupons - NOW HAVE
2. SCCoA Club Details / Vendor List (appeal to new/none members)
3. Tangable Good w/ SCCoA Logo on it. i.e Coozie/Pen/Key Chain - NOW HAVE

Last year I enjoyed tossing together the shirt/bag/coupon packets, these items could be incorperated all into one if wanted. Would make it rather smooth...I would like to acheive the same level of event organization as the SC Shootout - nod to the Dalke's.

Questions I have to the group - if there is an expense to put together these packets (minimal at that) would anyone be opposed?

Also 2 packets could be offered for that matter - 1 with just event details and nothing else...2nd with event details and shirt/key chain/etc.

Again please let me know you're thoughts. I will work in the next couple of weeks in the direction the club would like to move.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Tim,

The dynamics of the two events are a little different. The Shootout is a you have to pay to play event. So extra cost is just added to the fee for the goodie bags, food, track rental.... The event doesn't happen unless there is money to be had. Carlisle happens regardless of 1 SC or a hundred. Money to enter is paid to Carlisle. So asking for money on top of the entrance fee is what would need to be done. And money in advance to make it work out well.

Now back to the goodie bags. I do like the idea of an sccoa type certificate for the car window(relatively cheap to produce...heck can do that at work), sccoa stickers would be nice and maybe coozie or something an dmisc vendor items, coupons etc..Not big items. I would still like to get vendor donations for raffle along with trophies or plaques to be given away at the olive garden event. That seemed to go well and was nice. It would be a minimal monetary donation to keep the trophies or plaques and a goodie bag. Vendor donations of course should be donated. An itinerary of events and contacts is a great idea and should be mailed in advance not part of the bag.

These are just my thoughts. It would be nice if the SCCOA can donate to at least get this portion together. It would be minimal.

Shirts I think should be separate and optional. Not everyone has the extra cash to spare or wants.

BTW WE NEED A NEW BANNER!...Someone ..Has the current one and hasnt been seen for a few years. If we could set up a table to sell various SCCOA items profits could pay for allot of this....Our SCCOA store is all but lost

I think using the sccoa website for updates is good. Not as fancy as setting up a separate website but we are low budget. ANyone can go to Carlisle and not give us a dime..even SCCOA members. To go to the shootout..EVERYONE has to pay.
NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......The BBQ,,,,Everyone loved that idea. But I dont want people having to spend their cash for all...Yet its imposable (and not fun) to keep track of who puts in or doesn't. Suggestions?

Soooooooooo

1. Name Badge / Car Plaques (PREREG NEEDED) (YES IN GOODIE BAG)
2. Itenerary of Club Events for the weekend TO BE EMAILED
3. Contact List of Members TO BE EMAILED
4. Social Media Page to Post Updates Nice but has a cost and a persons time manageing it..I think it best to keep it here

Ideas of my own:

1. Product Samples / Vendor Coupons (YES IN GOODIE BAG)
2. SCCoA Club Details / Vendor List (appeal to new/none members) (FOR VENDERS THAT CONTRIBUTE YES!!!!)
3. Tangable Good w/ SCCoA Logo on it. i.e Coozie/Pen/Key Chain (FOR GOODIE BAG YES)

Just some of my thoughts as these ar eall tied in..Now the BBQ.....Who wants to take that on

J dot Miller
02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
A banner costs money. It could cost like $150. for a decent one. We could ask for money or we could try to raise money.

Tim,
The BBQ,,,,Everyone loved that idea. But I don't want people having to spend their cash for all...Yet its impossible (and not fun) to keep track of who puts in or doesn't. Suggestions?

If you remember, last year the Eastern PA chapter contributed some good things for the BBQ. We used extra cash from last years April Morrisville PA SCCoA car show. Not sure if we will get the same results this year since it is rain or shine event. Then again, Fred Gross seems to be better than Punxsutawney Phil in predicting weather, he always picks a nice day for the show!

We are planning a much larger event in September near Bethlehem, PA. We are negotiating access to a large area with local city support. Possibly even a flea market surrounding the event. Really could use more members to assist in easy things like parking and talking cars. It is pretty easy and fun stuff to do and could make the club some Carlisle steak money... Or a Banner. :) Please PM me if interested...

1. Name Badge / Car Plaques (PREREG NEEDED)
2. Itinerary of Club Events for the weekend
3. Contact List of Members
4. Social Media Page to Post Updates

Ideas of my own:

1. Product Samples / Vendor Coupons
2. SCCoA Club Details / Vendor List (appeal to new/none members)
3. Tangible Good w/ SCCoA Logo on it. i.e Coozie/Pen/Key Chain

1. Name Badge / Car Plaques (PREREG NEEDED) -- Plaques cost but a badge can be as little as white Avery label.
2. Itinerary of Club Events for the weekend -- FANTASTIC IDEA. I like to see an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper that we can place on the windshield of ALL 89-97 MN12's listing the time, location and phone of each event.
3. Contact List of Members -- Not sure what we are looking for here. But an email reminding people to come back will be nice.
4. Social Media Page to Post Updates -- No comment.

I am ok in planning the Olive Garden unless someone wants to pretend he is going to do the work and drop out at the last second again. What a bummer. Last year, I had to fight for our space... This year will be even harder because we failed to fill the room (due to ball dropping)! We need to stop playing, get things done and spread the word and fill the room or we could loose our preferred status at the Garden... Itinerary hand outs will go a long way!
:o

rjgraul
02-03-2013, 10:42 AM
I think all the ideas Tim and Damon have come up with are great and should be pursued. Yes we absolutely need an SCCoA Banner. What size banner do we need? I can check with the sign shop I use to get prices. Depending on the price I might donate it. Can I get a copy of the logo for this purpose? I have tried to cut and paste the logo from the site but will no let me. (I might not have done it write)

" If we could set up a table to sell various SCCoA items profits could pay for allot of this....Our SCCoA store is all but lost".

My question is: Is there a supply of SCCoA items somewhere that not many people know about and can we get them for this event? If not there will be cost to have items made and would SCCoA pay to have items made up?

I have an AMSOIL item that can go in the welcome packet. I just need to know how many or it could be limited to preregistered members only.
I will still donate other items too.

J dot Miller
02-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Donations are great but do not solve the problem.

In the past people tried to bring items to sell. Many times they end up loosing money.

rjgraul
02-04-2013, 10:36 AM
I checked on prices for a banner this AM and Staples has a sale right now 50% off :). So I need a high resolution JPG file of the logo as soon as possible. The sale is on until Feb 20.

Ralph

BLOWN38
02-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Ralph I would post you request in the SCCOA discusion forum and maybe report it so a mod knows you want it.

rjgraul
02-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Ralph I would post you request in the SCCOA discusion forum and maybe report it so a mod knows you want it.

Done.... Thanks Chris...

Tim Groth
02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Tim,

The dynamics of the two events are a little different. The Shootout is a you have to pay to play event. So extra cost is just added to the fee for the goodie bags, food, track rental.... The event doesn't happen unless there is money to be had. Carlisle happens regardless of 1 SC or a hundred. Money to enter is paid to Carlisle. So asking for money on top of the entrance fee is what would need to be done. And money in advance to make it work out well.

Now back to the goodie bags. I do like the idea of an sccoa type certificate for the car window(relatively cheap to produce...heck can do that at work), sccoa stickers would be nice and maybe coozie or something an dmisc vendor items, coupons etc..Not big items. I would still like to get vendor donations for raffle along with trophies or plaques to be given away at the olive garden event. That seemed to go well and was nice. It would be a minimal monetary donation to keep the trophies or plaques and a goodie bag. Vendor donations of course should be donated. An itinerary of events and contacts is a great idea and should be mailed in advance not part of the bag.

Shirts I think should be separate and optional. Not everyone has the extra cash to spare or wants.

I think using the sccoa website for updates is good. Not as fancy as setting up a separate website but we are low budget. ANyone can go to Carlisle and not give us a dime..even SCCOA members. To go to the shootout..EVERYONE has to pay.
NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......The BBQ,,,,Everyone loved that idea. But I dont want people having to spend their cash for all...Yet its imposable (and not fun) to keep track of who puts in or doesn't. Suggestions?

Soooooooooo

1. Name Badge / Car Plaques (PREREG NEEDED) (YES IN GOODIE BAG)
2. Itenerary of Club Events for the weekend TO BE EMAILED
3. Contact List of Members TO BE EMAILED
4. Social Media Page to Post Updates Nice but has a cost and a persons time manageing it..I think it best to keep it here

Ideas of my own:

1. Product Samples / Vendor Coupons (YES IN GOODIE BAG)
2. SCCoA Club Details / Vendor List (appeal to new/none members) (FOR VENDERS THAT CONTRIBUTE YES!!!!)
3. Tangable Good w/ SCCoA Logo on it. i.e Coozie/Pen/Key Chain (FOR GOODIE BAG YES)

Just some of my thoughts as these are all tied in..Now the BBQ.....Who wants to take that on

Damon,

I think most people fully understand going to Carlisle there will be other expenses to consider outside of entry fees. Obviously I am not suggestion we impose a charge on everyone, however if we say - (throwing out a #) $10...you're covered for the cookout/BBQ and you get a goodie bag and a raffle ticket for the vendor giveaways....I doubt many would flinch. Considering at the show a bottled water is $4. I would say on average (even tho car count is less) we have 15-25 members in attendence this would be more than enough to cover the expenses. Also knowing beforehand what time we will be BBQ'n and the price associated with it will make it rather simple to budget and organize (the idea behind all of this).

Shirts seperate is fine, just looking for a way to avoid having to tote around a box of shirts all weekend and then someone fronting the full bill upfront.

Looking at expenses from the list that was mentioned most of the items would be minimal - anything printed can be done inhouse or at work as mentioned...event details -email'd so again free...only items I am seeing a cost associated with is Lanyard for name identification (again min) could do old school sticker name badges for that matter. logo'd item if we go that route...and again if we wrap it in together with the BBQ, I doubt many would flinch.

In the next coming weeks I am going to shoot out emails to some of the major car care vendors...i.e. Mcguires, Turtle, Eagle1...see if they could throw us some sample packets for these bags. After I have that locked down I will touch base with the "SC specific" vendors on there donations.

Let me know if I am missing anything and I will look into for us.

-Tim

J dot Miller
02-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I checked on prices for a banner this AM and Staples has a sale right now 50% off :). So I need a high resolution JPG file of the logo as soon as possible. The sale is on until Feb 20.

Ralph

Maybe management has higher resolution logos? If not, the Attached is the best I have. I made it a few years ago. It has a transparent background and can be placed over any color. It is an older photoshop file. If you do get a higher resolution one, please email me a copy.
:eek:

rjgraul
02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Maybe management has higher resolution logos? If not, the Attached is the best I have. I made it a few years ago. It has a transparent background and can be placed over any color. It is an older photoshop file. If you do get a higher resolution one, please email me a copy.

Thanks John.. Damon emailed Pat DiPersia too see if had one so I will let you know.

rjgraul
02-04-2013, 08:53 PM

John, I can not open that file can you change it to a JPG file?

J dot Miller
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Really? There is a quality difference between the two. Plus you loose the background. Try the attached png file. Still less quality but the transparency is preserved.

Or you can try:
http://www.gimp.org/

rjgraul
02-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Really? There is a quality difference between the two. Plus you loose the b
ackground. Try the attached png file. Still less quality but the transparency is preserved.

Or you can try:
http://www.gimp.org/

Thanks John I got that one to work. Now the question is will Staples be able to read it. I will check with Staples to if it is of high enough quality for them to use.

Well I took it to Staples and the picture is not dense enough. Thanks for trying John.

XxSlowpokexX
02-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Well if Pat cant do anything we can always make our own.... :eek:

XxSlowpokexX
02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
And one other thing. Tim. When I did Trophies last the cost was in the $200 plus range. When I lessened the amount of awards given and did plaques the price went down to a little over $100. This would be another cost added to the goodie bag cost so to speak because as nice a guy I am Im not goint to pay out of pocket for this if we are collecting money for other things. If we can budget 200 for awards we can do a nice setup and keep prices within budget. It would also allot me more beer money:p

Tim Groth
02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
And one other thing. Tim. When I did Trophies last the cost was in the $200 plus range. When I lessened the amount of awards given and did plaques the price went down to a little over $100. This would be another cost added to the goodie bag cost so to speak because as nice a guy I am Im not goint to pay out of pocket for this if we are collecting money for other things. If we can budget 200 for awards we can do a nice setup and keep prices within budget. It would also allot me more beer money:p

Damon I fully understand what you are saying, as Chris and I have done something with shirts since 2006 with the MA-ADT fun. I know J. Miller has stepped up with the BBQ also, again looking for ways that we can take the weight off of 1 sole persons shoulders and make it s group effort.

I have gotten some quotes on Coozies and Lanyards... Coozies are 2$ each with a min order of 50...lanyards are .50 each from what I can find online from wholesalelanyards.com .

Damon I can get us quotes on shirts...if done enough in advance I may be able to get em for us in the $8-$10 range per shirt which would be abour half of last years...get me some artwork and I will get us a quote.

-Tim

J dot Miller
02-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks John I got that one to work. Now the question is will Staples be able to read it. I will check with Staples to if it is of high enough quality for them to use.

Well I took it to Staples and the picture is not dense enough. Thanks for trying John.

Yes and they can read the original higher resolution photoshop file I gave you. See what it looks like. If you need better tell me what they say and am sure I can improve it as needed... What do you mean by dense enough? The size can be stretched.

rjgraul
02-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Yes and they can read the original higher resolution photoshop file I gave you. See what it looks like. If you need better tell me what they say and am sure I can improve it as needed... What do you mean by dense enough? The size can be stretched.

John, I will try but I really think they need a file that is at least a meg in size to be good enough to enlarge it for a banner. I will double check with Staples.

John,
I took the karger file and they could read it but it still is not good enough. They need an image that is at least 300 dpi or more. I really liked the smaller file with the checkered board behind the logo.

90sc35thann
02-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Let me know how I can help. If it is money, some time to volunteer, etc. I am in!

Tim Groth
04-23-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm going to dedicate sometime to this project this weekend. Now that I have web space I'm thinking I can make a simple online form - everyone can email me their information so I can prepare the personalized welcome kits for the show field.

Also given that everyone has a smart phone, tablet, mobile internet access...I can also provide everything itinerary wise online so it will be easily accessible at all times for everyone. That way if you leave your itinerary at the show field, go to the URL and all problems solved.

Laying out the plans here - Need some help.

....Given Hooter's is out - What are dinner plans for Friday.
Saturday - Olive Garden - Mr. Miller, what time shall we plan to be there - keeping in mind not to overlap with seeing ladies in bikinis :D

-Tim