Fuse keeps blowing/Brake problems

tkruid

I have a 1992 SC. Everything is stock. For a month now I have been living in the dark. Fuse #18 under the dash keeps blowing. As you all know this controls the interior lights, under the hood light, trunk lights, power mirrors, keyless entry lights, etc..., etc...

Every time I put a fuse in it blows instantly. If I put a fuse in with the doors closed everything is fine. As soon as I open a door the fuse blows. With this I checked the wiring within the door that leads into the car. Everything looks fine. I simply gave up. Anyone have an idea?

Unrelated to Electrical Problem(hopefully):
Just this weekend my ABS warning light and Brake warning light came on. As I continued to drive the brakes started to get hard. I went to a Ford dealership and they didn't have the greatest of answers for me. I searched this Forum and found some interesting ideas. I plan to check my ABS relay to make sure the pump is kicking in. If this needs replacing I will replace it of course. If this doesn't fix it then it sounds like I should replace the Accumulator. If this doesn't fix the problem what is my next option?

Thanks to all that reply.

Last edited:
It turned out to be the ABS relay switch.

Fuse problem turned out to be my fault. Replaced JBL speakers and when I put the door back together one of the screws went into a wire for the interior door light causing it to blow the fuse.

Back