PDA

View Full Version : On the road again!

Jacob_Royer
02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Finally got everything lined out with the bmv and a new battery. Took the sc out for the first time in 4 years!! Runs great! Much better than it did before! I forgot how good it.rides and how much torque it has! Going to be brave and take it on my 48 mile commute Tomorrow .

J dot Miller
02-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Finally got everything lined out with the bmv and a new battery. Took the sc out for the first time in 4 years!! Runs great! Much better than it did before! I forgot how good it.rides and how much torque it has! Going to be brave and take it on my 48 mile commute Tomorrow .

That is brave for such an old car... I had 1997+ Fords dies on lesser commutes. :eek:

shoalcracker
02-04-2013, 08:39 PM
That is brave for such an old car... I had 1997+ Fords dies on lesser commutes. :eek:

1990 Totally Stock
Original plugs, Wires and HG's... 100m plus
Doing 2200 round trip in 2 weeks

Im comfident, but just in case pls react to rush Fed Ex parts requests.:eek::D

Paul

superdadsc
02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't hesitate driving a older car anywhere as long as the maintenance is current and there are no known issues. 100 miles in a day is nothing.

Its like people driving their cars for months and months everyday but afraid to drive it on a 500 mile trip.:eek:

I recently sold a 928 1979 w/ almost 300k on the clock. It was my DD and only left me stranded once do to a fuel pump relay switch. On any given day I would have hopped in it and driven it across the country without hesitation. Would do the whole drive in triple digits if it was legal. Why because the car was mantained and thats what cars are designed for.

Good luck on your journey. You know your car better than anyone!:D

Jacob_Royer
02-04-2013, 09:43 PM
My 96 gt has 362k on it and I beat the crap out of it on a daily basis. I really think that driving one every day is better for longevity then letting it sit around. I've only had to replace a fuel pump tires brakes and 2 clutches in that car. I usually stretch oil changes out 10/12k and have ran 4 bottles of nitrous through it on w dry 75hp shot lol.. I hope the sc does good its got a fresh motor all new hoses belts radiator motor mounts exhaust plugs wires and I keep a spare dis, can sensor and coil pack in the trunk. Need to get some gauges for my a polar pod! Want a real temp and oil pressure guage for sure!

superdadsc
02-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Jacob you built a nice motor and she will bring you a lot of miles with smiles. Looking forward to seeing it dyno'd when she is broken in and time/money allows. Looking at the results as they are close to what I have done.:D

Scott Long
02-05-2013, 03:48 AM
1990 Totally Stock
Original plugs, Wires and HG's... 100m plus
Doing 2200 round trip in 2 weeks

Im comfident, but just in case pls react to rush Fed Ex parts requests.:eek::D

Paul

Headgaskets probably ok. I would change the plugs as wires because any day now you will start getting the breakup under boost.

Jacob_Royer
02-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Well I made it to work OK. Even had a couple short 15psi pulls with no problems!

91BLOWNBIRD
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I wouldnt even hesitate to drive my SC across country

SDCoupe
02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
My 89 SC with no cooling fan and questionable brakes is still more reliable then my old 2001 GMC Sonoma ever was.

Jacob_Royer
02-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Jacob you built a nice motor and she will bring you a lot of miles with smiles. Looking forward to seeing it dyno'd when she is broken in and time/money allows. Looking at the results as they are close to what I have done.:D

It will be tuned as soon as I get maf, injectors tb and fmic done!

Jacob_Royer
02-06-2013, 04:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRYEpD0obJM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jacob_Royer
02-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Well so far so good about 250 miles and no issues other than the temp gauge acting goofy! its got me a little freaked out i keep looking for leaks lol.

David Neibert
02-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Well so far so good about 250 miles and no issues other than the temp gauge acting goofy! its got me a little freaked out i keep looking for leaks lol.

Probably needs the air purged from the cooling system.

David

Jacob_Royer
02-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I thought about that dave. I just never have trusted the factory gages so I bought a nice electric water temp ans oil pressure gauge to install in my tripple pod. Have not decided on what to use the third hole for.... aftermarket boost or wideband.........if you look at that short video you can see it all but pegs the stock boost gauge look seems rarely lively for being untuned.

Jacob_Royer
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1T9ayDiXJI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

50/95ish crappy cell phone video but gives u an idea how it pulls