With three M90s what to port and do?

J dot Miller

I have three M90's and one 90 XR7. I am trying to make a plan for next fall. Two of the superchargers I have are 89-90 versions and one is a 94-95 version.

Plus I have a raised top and a double IC and fan.

Since painting my car is exhausting my funds I need to make a decision. I want to send a blower to Dave for porting later this year. What should I do?

1. Install the 94-95 supercharger, double IC and raised top. Port the a 90 blower later in the year.
  2. Keep the 90 supercharger and do nothing until I get the 94-95 supercharger ported.
  3. Install the 89-90 supercharger, double IC and raised top. Port the a 94-95 blower later in the year.
  4. Install the 94-95 supercharger, double IC and raised top. Do not port the a 90 blower later in the year. Be a man and send out the 94-95 blower for porting and instead install both of them in my 55 F-250 with a Y block 292 CU in?

i wouldn't waste any time on an early model other than putting a 5% pulley on it. Since you have a late model, the early ones are boat anchors. Sell them to the V6 mustang crowd and take the money and get an MP inlet.

I have three M90's and one 90 XR7. I am trying to make a plan for next fall. Two of the superchargers I have are 89-90 versions and one is a 94-95 version.

Since painting my car is exhausting my funds I need to make a decision. I want to send a blower to Dave for porting later this year. What should I do?

1. Install the 94-95 supercharger, double IC and raised top. Port the a 90 blower later in the year.
  2. Keep the 90 supercharger and do nothing until I get the 94-95 supercharger ported.
  3. Install the 89-90 supercharger, double IC and raised top. Port the a 94-95 blower later in the year.
  4. Install the 94-95 supercharger, double IC and raised top. Do not port the a 90 blower later in the year. Be a man and send out the 94-95 blower for porting and instead install both of them in my 55 F-250 with a Y block 292 CU in?

I'd be interested in buying a early model blower as long as its complete....if that'd help you make up your mind?

Guess I would ask, are you running a stock IC? If so keeping the double might be a smart idea as I assume if you port the late model blower and choose to overdrive it you will be making more heated air. If you have a decent IC, front mount or whatever than ditch the IC. Definitely ditch the raise top and early SCs. The plenum would be a nice up grade but only if you have a bigger TB and MAF to match. If you need to do the TB MAF and plenum, you probably blew the budget

Ken

Do you have a late model plenum, or just the early one?

Sell early ones..Use 94-95 and port when you can..Even unported the 94-95 is a blast..And use pulley from the earlier blower. Will give you a few psi

Port the 94-95, sell Bolth of the early style and buy a mp plenum, find a used or new lightning maf off eBay for cheap and get either a 75mm tb or a 85mm. The 75mm is half the cost of the 85mm and in your application it should flow plenty of air.

Do the y-block. Post pics. I am looking to do the same to my '55 F150 272 rite now. Looking for ideas:D

run the early while the 94-5 is being ported, keeps you on the road

Adam

Do you have a late model plenum, or just the early one?

I have all three plenum's, IC tubes and TB's. I have a C&L 76mm installed. A a 75mm TB from a 5.0L somewhere. If it is not installed... I will have to ID it. Maybe break out the calipers.

More I think about the Y block and supercharger combination I tend to back off that idea. The Y block was recently rebuilt with under 5000 miles on the engine. I would have to upgrade many engine components to allow for the supercharger.

I have all three plenum's, IC tubes and TB's. I have a C&L 76mm installed. A a 75mm TB from a 5.0L somewhere. If it is not installed... I will have to ID it. Maybe break out the calipers.

More I think about the Y block and supercharger combination I tend to back off that idea. The Y block was recently rebuilt with under 5000 miles on the engine. I would have to upgrade many engine components to allow for the supercharger.

Then I would advise #2 or #4. You can get some nice gains out of porting an early oval-port supercharger, but the 94-95 is just better all around. Porting that will be a better use of resources.

port port port think of the cheap wine u drink !!

YOU ALWAYS ARE NEVER ABLE TO MAKE A CHOICE :confused: GO 95 ALL THE WAY :eek: I,M BACK !!!:D:cool:

Then I would advise #2 or #4. You can get some nice gains out of porting an early oval-port supercharger, but the 94-95 is just better all around. Porting that will be a better use of resources.

Hummm...

I borrowed the Vernier Calipers and checked things out. I was in error, I have a 5.0L MAF on the car and a C&L 76mm MAF on the shelf with no sample tube. For now, I think I will plan to order a Gold Tube (096). I do not have a 5.0L TB. :eek:

Yea, FF... I was hoping to install the 94/95 now. The level heads here changed my mind. It will be better to box it up, save some cash and send her off with the heads for porting. I will put the better looking 90 SC & tubes on the XR7 for Carlisle. Steve I will let you know when I get er done...

Last edited:
Come on times running out geta done !!!!

IF TALK WAS WORK ..:p YOU BE FORD MOTOR COMPANY !!!:D GET ON THE STICK DO SOMETHING !!!:eek:

Back