Whipe superchargers

Robertp

Guys I can get full whipple kits if need be but I know some of u but just the whipple blower I can get pricing if need be, Xr7 Dave are u a whipple dealer? I was told u were the one to ask, but if u have been paying retail hit me up, but if you are a dealer please just remove my thread, figured I try to save u guys some money

Robert

Guys I can get full whipple kits if need be but I know some of u but just the whipple blower I can get pricing if need be, Xr7 Dave are u a whipple dealer? I was told u were the one to ask, but if u have been paying retail hit me up, but if you are a dealer please just remove my thread, figured I try to save u guys some money

Robert

So you are saying you have availability of a bolt on Whipple kit for the SC?

Ken

No I can get the actual blower it's self

Dave might be interested in pricing. He is the only one in the SC market at this time who is assembling a kit for the SC using a whipple. I would drop him an E mail. Address is in his signature on his posts

Ken

If I can figure out exactly what u guys are buying which I believe it's just the 2.3 whipple by itself

you gotta make fuel rails, run new lines, fab up a bypass, make an outlet or make a plate to reduce it down for SC top, its a lot of work. it can be done, but its not a simple bolt on blower and get 450 rwhp.

So, this may be a rookie kind of question, but what is the value of going with a Whipple as opposed to the M90/MPx/etc etc? understanding that a lot of work will be needed to mate the Whipple to the SC engine, would it be worth doing as opposed to beefing up the stock SC engine and adding a MPx? I am starting from scratch, since mine needs a full rebuild and want to make a comfortable 340-350 hp at the wheels. I dont want to spend more money or time than I would need to, and since this project has been some time in coming I am really getting the itch to tear into it. Any thoughts?

So, this may be a rookie kind of question, but what is the value of going with a Whipple as opposed to the M90/MPx/etc etc? understanding that a lot of work will be needed to mate the Whipple to the SC engine, would it be worth doing as opposed to beefing up the stock SC engine and adding a MPx? I am starting from scratch, since mine needs a full rebuild and want to make a comfortable 340-350 hp at the wheels. I dont want to spend more money or time than I would need to, and since this project has been some time in coming I am really getting the itch to tear into it. Any thoughts?

An MPX will meet those needs. If you want to run over 400 rwhp the whipple will meet that. David Neibert is running at 500 wrhp with his. The MPX maxes out around 400

Ken

you gotta make fuel rails, run new lines, fab up a bypass, make an outlet or make a plate to reduce it down for SC top, its a lot of work. it can be done, but its not a simple bolt on blower and get 450 rwhp.

In other words everything that you see below.

whip1017.jpg

Well since I haven't dynoed since 2005 I have no proof of what an mpx delivers on my car. But in 2005 I dynoed 373 running 11.66. I am a couple hundred pounds lighter now than in 2005 but improved to 10.07. I would not be afraid to say that an mpx can deliver a tad bit more than 400. I will stop anyone who says I spin mine too fast and it would not last in the real world. I have never hurt a blower except one that I assembled wrong and it lasted 2 passes. And I probably put more miles a year on mine on the drag strip than many do on the street.

I would really like to know what power your car makes, Kevin. You make up alot of time in 60'. I would guess you are between 4-450.

A 2.3 whipple wont break a sweat at 350 but a MPX will be pushing alot of heat. Need alot of intercooler for the mpx when you start getting up in the HP.

10.07. I would not be afraid to say that an mpx can deliver a tad bit more than 400.

I dont know of anyone on the street running your kind of overdrive and keeping an air to air IC. I remember reading dave tuning a MPX to around 390 rwhp There are always the exceptions to the rule and you my friend are probably that exception but an MPX on the street is going to max out around 400 for almost anyone else unless someone like Keith sprays a little laughing gas

Ken

I totally agree with that, it does produce a ton of heat. I am really hoping the new rotors will help a lot with that. I never said it was easy with an m90. I would guesstimate closer to the 500 mark. Its gone 130.5 with a 109 in the eighth. Even dave guesstimated around 500 before. Who knows what it would do on the dyno, a 4900 stall isn't a dyno queen type converter. But i enjoy kicking a little butt with my poor old worthless m90! If the mpx really is that bad just think what it would run with one of them fancy blowers on it. :D

Back