Temp gauge instalation ?'s

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Im getting ready to install an aftermarket temp gauge (electric). Which temp sensor on the engine is the one for the gauge and which is for the ECM? also can i unhook the one for the factory gauge without adverse affects? Also has anyone ran a T as to be able to let the factory gauge function also? Same with the oil pressure I'd like to T it as to be able to run the factory gauge (also plan on running an electric). Im also wondering if i remove the factory A pillar trim if there is room to run the wiring down under the dash or will i have to drill a hole?

I have a 3/8" pipe bung welded to the water outlet(Thermostat housing) and I'm running a mechanical AutoMeter gauge in a dual pillar pod.It's welded just above the Thermostat and angled toward the drivers side.It works perfectly,looks like factory, and its been in place for about 2 years now...

P.S.,..there is plenty of room between the pillar trim and the dash to run the wires or capillary tube without having to drill a hole.If I remember correctly,I did drill a hole thru the firewall with a stepped drill bit and used a body plug as a grommet.

Back