Snow storm

kenewagner

Ira, Ricardo, Brian and the rest of you SC guys up there in the Northeast, are you ready for the storm? It is being hyped up here as one of historic proportions. Are you all prepared?

Ken

Didn't see this one

Hey Ken,
I didn't see this thread in non-Tech I just put one in the Lounge forum. We were both thinking the same thing I guess.

Smitty

Hey Ken,
I didn't see this thread in non-Tech I just put one in the Lounge forum. We were both thinking the same thing I guess.

Smitty

Did Tennessee see any snow last night? Roanoke picked up 4 inches when the weather report and national weather showed rain. Boston & NY are going to get crushed if its anything like I saw last night.

-Tim

we just got done here..

we picked somewhere between 6 to 12 inches of heavy wet snow. This started out as rain turned into sleet, then to snow and a lot of it. The storm lasted a whole day. It is done now but not too big of a deal.

Last year we got something like 20" and then wind of 40 to 50 mph. That made drifts TEN FEET high and if that was not bad enought the temp fell to below zero as soon as it stopped snowing... That one was a real mess, that's why I drive F350's during the winter.. MY awd MKZ just is not ready for those storms....Rich

Did Tennessee see any snow last night? Roanoke picked up 4 inches when the weather report and national weather showed rain. Boston & NY are going to get crushed if its anything like I saw last night.

-Tim

Hey Tim,
Maybe up in the mountains in East TN, but nothing but rain here last night. I would actually like about 6 inches of snow, no work for 2 days for this area!!

Take care,
Smitty

Doing Awd donuts as I type this. Some strange noise is now present doh!

Driving home soon to wake up to some heavy lifting.

Still too early to tell. Light covering early this morning, mostly rain and a little sleet for the rest of the day. Now that it's getting dark though the snow is coming down pretty good and the wind has picked up to where it's hard to see across the street from my office window.

Leaving in a few minutes though and we'll have to see how the roads are first hand.

Oh, left out the important stuff. One car is home, in the driveway, under the car cover ;) The other one is out of the weather in the garage. I hope. It better be in the garage. :p

Ira

sissy lil snowstorm and everyone has thier panties in a ruffle. Lines ot get gas..SERIOUSLY!..as if they will be driving in the snow if it hits hard enough!

62 degrees with clear skies today....:D

Seems like all the bad stuff keeps passing to the north of us....:rolleyes:

Boy am I glad I moved to the deep south south 15 years ago. New England snow is such a drag! It barley snows down here in PA. I hear tonight we might get only 6". :cool:

-Tim

Tim, we got a dusting in radford last night. I work in Salem and the noticed how much more snow you'll got in the valley. Usually it's the other way around since From c-burg on up is higher elevation.

we got a dusting, was saying 2-4 inches, guess we lucked out. sunday ts supposed to be 40ish, hopefully the snow will be melted! hope you guys are ok when your suppsed to get slammed.

2013-02-08_22-32-03_847_zpsd07ee019.jpg

my wife's Rogue buried under about 2 feet of snow

2013-02-08_22-32-14_883_zpsb674c51d.jpg

my lifted Cherokee that was cleared off and on the road about 2 hours before this pic was taken

2013-02-08_22-32-36_699_zpsc113c9fb.jpg

shot of the current visibility out there, the trees in the background are about 100 feet from the front of my building where the photo is taken

Boy am I glad I moved to the deep south south 15 years ago. New England snow is such a drag! It barley snows down here in PA. I hear tonight we might get only 6". :cool:

Allen Town PA is in the deep South??????? I guess I need a geography lesson PA must have been relocated.....LOL

Here's a lousy arm out the front door cell phone picture. I think you get the idea though.

Ira

Attachments

• 0209130710.jpg
    0209130710.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 81
  • 0209130712.jpg
    0209130712.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 0209130712a.jpg
    0209130712a.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 80
Back