I finally reached my career goal.............

nickleman60

After 35 years of service with the city of Va. Beach I finally made it to the title of Superintendent, I start work under my new title on the 18th.

Congrats on the achievement...On Jan 1st of this year I also achieved my goal...I am officially retired and and now a complete burden on society!.....Dan

Well done Keith. Not a lot of people that are able to stay with the same employer for so long these days.

cheers
Ed

That is awesome. Congrats on your perseverence and enjoy the benefits.:D

On another note I am a tennis pro and my hourly hasn't changed in 25yrs!:mad: Sometimes I even lower it to help out families that have a good kid that really loves the game so I can spend more time with them!:eek:

Last edited:
Congrats on accomplishing something that most people these days will never be able to achieve.

Well done sir! Quite an accomplishment given the times, the economy and all the changes gov't has been forced to make over the years. Must feel good to validate that decision you made all those years ago.

Ira

Congratulations!! I will never forget the day I officially became a journeyman machinist! Its a good feeling to get the job you want and financially awarding too!

The new paycheck will be nice but with that comes having to oversee 54 employees, right now I oversee 18 so it's a big difference.

I was trying to do 20 years in the military but now I'm being forced out due to budget cuts.

Don't know what I'm going to do.

Congrats Keith, the job security must be nice.

Wow! 35 years with the same employer. Congrtulations. Longest I've gone is 9 years. Coming up on 8 with my current company. Nothing makes you sleep better at night than job stability.
Alan

Back