EEC - ECM - ECU code??

Dbarnhill

What code am I supposed to use when getting a new EEC for my 93 SC auto?
The only codes I could see were F2WF and also saw EEC - U2Y. I saw a U2Y for sale but I think the 4 digit on it is F1MF. Is anyone experienced with these computers and how specific they are? I'd hate to waste $100 or more on something that will not work on my car. Thanks in advance

would be best to find the same as what came out, the auto and manual supercoupes have different mafs

I have one here I could sell u w/ a chip for $200 if your interested PM me

I'll go outside and look at the extra one I got w my engine.. Id sell it cheap nor will I ever need it.. Im using mustang harness and ecm

Edit: F1WF..sorry

Last edited:
Ecm

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it guys. There is a user on here selling one with a U2Y code and says that's the code that I need to look for but others are saying go by the other code. I don't know what to do!! I have to make sure I get the right one because i'm going to pick the car up mid next week out of town and I have to be able to drive it back or else i'll be dead in the water with no way back home. If anyone with experience with these things could elaborate on what these codes mean, why there are 2 of them, and a sure-fire answer on exactly what I need would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks to all of you trying to help me out.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it guys. There is a user on here selling one with a U2Y code and says that's the code that I need to look for but others are saying go by the other code. I don't know what to do!! I have to make sure I get the right one because i'm going to pick the car up mid next week out of town and I have to be able to drive it back or else i'll be dead in the water with no way back home. If anyone with experience with these things could elaborate on what these codes mean, why there are 2 of them, and a sure-fire answer on exactly what I need would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks to all of you trying to help me out.

Is this a car you are buying ? Asking because, it sounds pretty risky to expect that replacing the computer is going to get it running and you will then be able to drive it home.

David

Ecm

Well here's the story - my dad is selling me this car, it had engine problems so I bought a motor from Dave Dalke, had it transported to birmingham where the the motor was replaced. During this process there was a torrential rain and the car was partially flooded, which ruined the ECM. Not sure exactly how my mechanic went about testing it, but in some way shape or form he did and came to the conclusion the ECM was damaged from water. Motor is all bolted up and everything now, fuel pump was bad as well so I just bought a brand new fuel pump assembly and he's putting it in monday (He put 12v straight to the fuel pump, bypassing the ECM and got no results) Also bought a new/used stock supercharger from DD so it was replaced as well. My mechanic told me it should be perfectly fine once replacing the ECM and the fuel pump, so i'm trusting him with it I just need to get the part

Update - Technically he isn't selling me the car, that was the deal at one point in time but because of all the money i've had to put in it just to get it running he's just signing the title over when I get there

Last edited:
(He put 12v straight to the fuel pump, bypassing the ECM and got no results)

The PCM doesnt control the Fuel pump at all - the ignition switch powers the Fuel pump relay ...

I would find out how he determined the PCM was in fact bad. If the car cranks but will not start, I would check for Injector pulse and Ignition - the Crankshaft position sensor gives them the reference signal. The Check engine light should come on with the key in the Run position. If the Check engine light goes out while cranking, the PCM is reading crankshaft position and the problem lies elsewhere - if the Check engine light stays on while cranking, there is no CKP signal ... need more information to determine the actual problem. The PCM is usually the last thing to replace after everything else has been ruled out.

Flooding can cause big problems with the overall vehicle wiring.

- Dan

Back