Help Identify this master cylinder

Corabar

So I'm in a bit of a bind still. Turns out, that my master cylinder on my 89 SC is not original. It has gone bad and i need a replacement but i cant find out what car this part was originally for. It has 2 ports on the left side with a proportion valve on the furthest hole back the brake line just plugs straight into the one in the front. Nothing plugs into the right side of the M/C. There just two brake lines coming from the car that both plug into the left side. The numbers and letters on the front of the master cylinder are what i thought was a model number. But i called ford and they said it was a patent number? Didn't sound right to have a patent number but no model number. Anyway, the only other thing it says is Ford Nabco and then the number 18. Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 61
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 64
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi there! This is the closest I could find. Spent a good couple hours on the laptop plopped in front of the TV in the search for this master cylinder. (It was bugging me that I couldn't find it being a former parts-counter monkey!)

1994 Crown Victoria, (non ABS version)

Close enough?

http://www.cardone.com/Products/Product-Detail?productId=102605&p=rock

Like 26 bucks on Rockauto(Including a $3 core charge, which for 3 bucks unless they are paying for return shipping, I'd toss it in the trash..)

Amazon has it for 35 bucks, no core and it is a Prime items meaning if you subscribe to prime free 2 day shipping.

Last edited:
Yes! Thank you so much. I tried taking it to ford and having them try to identify but they had no clue. Thank you once again!

Back