Is this balancer on all the way?

gaetz1985

Keep in mind I'm using a 93 sc block and all, w a 2000 mustang timing cover and a SC reluctor..so idk about the "stud" that protrudes from the timing cover.. It looks as though itll hit the balancer if I send it on any further.. And the cps looks to be 1mm or so from touching the reluctor but the cps is also not lined up perfectly w the exerter..its about the thickness of the exerter from being perfectly inline..i dont want to break anything as my nickname is over-torque.. If it has a bolt and threads I can break it .... Whats yall's thoughts.. Thanks guys in advance.. I know yall will know..

Attachments

• 2013-02-10 13.38.14.jpg
    2013-02-10 13.38.14.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
It looks like it isn't on all the way, but from that angle it is difficult to tell.

Thats what I was thinking.. :(.. I'll go out here in a few and try to get some different angles on it.. Pretty much I just need to know.. and im sure it does..but does the reluctor line up dead center of the sensor?

Thats what I was thinking.. :(.. I'll go out here in a few and try to get some different angles on it.. Pretty much I just need to know.. and im sure it does..but does the reluctor line up dead center of the sensor?

The wheel needs to be under the sensor close to the center and the timing point should be over the metal part of the balancer where the timing marks are iirc. if it isnt fully seated it would seem that none of your belts would line up right either.

Looks like its not all the way there to me. The toothed wheel needs to be under the black sensor and the orange pointer should be about half way over the actual balancer.

If it isnt fully seated it would seem that none of your belts would line up right either.

I apologize I didnt explain any clearer.. The only pulley on is the water pump right now and its a 2000 timing cover so a '00 water pump had to be used as well...which the sc pumps pulley will not fit.. it wont fit over the center shaft of the water pump because the size of the hole in the SC water pump pulley.. I tried to drill it out and im pretty sure I ruined the pulley (whats new), so the '00 pulley is getting used as long as they have the same backspace... Which I'm 99% sure they do...

Chris is right. The toothed sprocket behind the balancer needs to be under the black crank sensor. That sensor has to "read" the teeth in order to tell what position the crankshaft is in. The harmonic balancer bolt won't be fully seated in the crank (it's awesome when they snap off). And, your belts will not line up.

Back