My MPxS results

91BLOWNBIRD

So I made it back to the dyno after installing my MPxS from Magnum Powers and WOW!

My SC made 362.4rwhp @ 5000rpm and 450.6rwtq @ 3401rpm

that is a 20rwhp increase and 47rwtq increase over the last time I dyno'd and where the only mod made was going from MPx to MPxS

Same tune, same OD @ 15%...MPxS made 19-20psi with 15% OD with my cam and head setup while the MPx made 16-17psi with 15% OD

The hottest the air got exiting the blower was 250* and the hottest the air got entering the engine was 100* which with the same FMIC is a 20* drop from the MPx.

Thank You Charles!

The guys at the dyno shop were experiencing jaw drop... especially after my brother's 383 put down 422rwhp and my little V6 was only 60hp away :D Might need to tweak the tune a bit as AFR was 11:1, but that will have to wait until I get a QH...for now, I will be enjoying it with a smile.

So I made it back to the dyno after installing my MPxS from Magnum Powers and WOW!

that is a 20rwhp increase and 47rwtq increase over the last time I dyno'd and where the only mod made was going from MPx to MPxS

Same tune, same OD @ 15%...MPxS made 19-20psi with 15% OD with my cam and head setup while the MPx made 16-17psi with 15% OD

The hottest the air got exiting the blower was 250* and the hottest the air got entering the engine was 100* which with the same FMIC is a 20* drop from the MPx.

Thank You Charles!

The guys at the dyno shop were experiencing jaw drop... especially after my brother's 383 put down 422rwhp and my little V6 was only 60hp away :D Might need to tweak the tune a bit as AFR was 11:1, but that will have to wait until I get a QH...for now, I will be enjoying it with a smile.

Those are great results, and I'll bet it feels real strong with all that extra torque.

David

Thanks all!!!! I'm super excited!

It pulls so much harder in 3rd and 4th gears...1st feels the same and 2nd feels a little stronger than before. Kinda want to see how it traps in the 1/4 now:)

The MPxS is Charles' new bearing plate design and new coated rotors...I feel the key is the bearing plate because like I said my IATs are about 20* lower

This is huge because I'm a 91 octane no injection guy and basically with the heat the blowers make I was told 17psi or so would be max but that isn't the case anymore

If I had a bigger cam and DD heads I don't even know what this thing could do on 91 octane alone

Last edited:
Thanks all!!!! I'm super excited!

It pulls so much harder in 3rd and 4th gears...1st feels the same and 2nd feels a little stronger than before. Kinda want to see how it traps in the 1/4 now:)

The MPxS is Charles' new bearing plate design and new coated rotors...I feel the key is the bearing plate because like I said my IATs are about 20* lower

This is huge because I'm a 91 octane no injection guy and basically with the heat the blowers make I was told 17psi or so would be max but that isn't the case anymore

If I had a bigger cam and DD heads I don't even know what this thing could do on 91 octane alone

Don't be so sure about that. Boost is boost and running 20psi on 91 is just a catastrophe waiting to happen. It will be ok on street runs that are short and where traction is limited, but get it on a racetrack with some good tires and all bets are off.

You have been warned.

Don't be so sure about that. Boost is boost and running 20psi on 91 is just a catastrophe waiting to happen. It will be ok on street runs that are short and where traction is limited, but get it on a racetrack with some good tires and all bets are off.

You have been warned.

Noted and thanks for the heads up

I also installed the new MPX and the car does feel faster but I can not get any more boost then about 15psi no matter what blower I put on. I had the MPIII then the MPX and now the new MPX and all never made more than 15 pounds and all were at 25% OD. I have tried new belts, MP springs and checked for leaks. D. Dalke do you think the cam thats in my motor is a possible cause?

I also installed the new MPX and the car does feel faster but I can not get any more boost then about 15psi no matter what blower I put on. I had the MPIII then the MPX and now the new MPX and all never made more than 15 pounds and all were at 25% OD. I have tried new belts, MP springs and checked for leaks. D. Dalke do you think the cam thats in my motor is a possible cause?

Have you raised your blower to add tension? Do you have a chart that shows the boost? I'd like to see the actual boost curve.

Other than that, I don't remember your exact cam specs, but I'm guessing we could probably improve on them. Also, if the motor has been raced a lot or over revved a few times the valve springs are probably shot. You'd be surprised what a modern set of valve springs will do for a motor. You can change them without pulling the heads or motor.

Thank You Charles!

What heads and cam do you have? What injectors and maf? what tb? what IC? Headers?

Numbers seem pretty good but I'd be scared on 91 octane at that boost level.

What heads and cam do you have? What injectors and maf? what tb? what IC? Headers?

Numbers seem pretty good but I'd be scared on 91 octane at that boost level.

91 is the highest we can get around here. :mad:The great thing is it can contain up to 15% ethonal. Oh ya. :mad::mad:

my specs

8" K&N Conical Filter
Custom Cold Air Divider Painted Black
C&L 76mm MAF Polished w/ 3.5"-3" Reducing Hose
MP 3.5" Intake Tube Black Crinkle Coated
MP 85mm TB Polished
MPX Inlet Plenum Crinkle Coated
MPxS Blower W/ Adradive Coated Rotors 19-20PSI
MP 10% 10 Rib Jackshaft Pulley
MP 5% 10 Rib SC Pulley
MP Raised SC Top Crinkle Coated
Custom 31x11x3 FMIC W/ dual 10" Fans
Custom 2.75" Upper and Lower FMIC Piping Crinkle Coated
Polished Aluminum Underdrive Pulleys
MP Heavy Duty Tensioner Springs
Grifin Super High Capacity Aluminum Radiator
Custom Reverse Tensioner A/C Delete
BHJ Harmonic Balancer
1.8 Roller Rockers
Comp XE Custom Grind Cam .613/.613Lift, 216/222Dur@.050, 110 LS
Ported Heads by Gromm Racing w/ Hardened Valves 1.8 int. 1.5 exh.
Comp Elliptical Beehive Springs
All Fel-Pro Gaskets(MLS Head Gaskets)
Block Prep & Build by Gromm Racing
ARP Head/Main/Rod Studs
Wiseco .020 Over Forged Pistons From Dave Dalke Machined By Gromm
351W Cat H-Beam Rods From Dave Dalke Machined by Gromm Racing
Oil System Reworked by Gromm Racing
Black Ceramic Kooks Mid-Length Headers W/ V-band Collectors
High Flow Cats
Borla Dual 2.5" In/Out Muffler in Place of Resonator
Dual 2.5" Pipes Through Gas Tank
Center Exit Tips Through Bumper
Walbro HP 255lph Fuel Pump
Siemens 60lb Fuel Injectors
MN12 Fuel Pressure Regulator
180* Thermostat
SCT Chip W/ Switch Tuned By Dave Dalke(SCU)
Turbo Chuck High Performance Engine Mounts

Back