Rebuild on 90SC

Black1990SC

Doing a rebuild on my 90SC due to a melted piston and blown headgaskets.What is a good stock replacement camshaft ? Also bought a set of pistons from a Ford dealer that were new old stock ford part number F6SZ-6108-FB 1.0mm, casting number on pistons are H675P and they are the ones that have the clips instead of press pin, can these be made to work with the rods I have or would it be better to get a different set?

might as well upgrade the cam if you are going to replace it. there are some very mild cams that will wake it up a bit.

also I would look into the BHJ harmonic balancer and I will personally recommend not re-using the stock balancer. It will fail in short time, and you will have a hell of a time getting the broken pieces off the crank. Not to mention you will be left stranded and your crank pulley will go flying along with your belt possibly slicing through the lower hose causing your coolant to come pouring out... ask me how I know about this. :D

I am using the milder of the 2 Competition Cams that SCP sells. I would also say this. Cams rarely wear out. So why replace it? Does yours have problems? If you just want to keep a stock cam then inspect closely The cam and the lifters. If ok leave them. Also, a new cam means new lifters. You can, however, put new lifters on an old cam.

Back