HG or fueling issue???

BKB

103_zps83e10366.jpg

So this is what 5 of my exhaust pipes look like.

104_zps63e55c00.jpg

Then we have this one. No sighs of a blown head gasket. No coolant in oil, no smell or steam out the pipes, no over pressurizing of coolant system. Piston looks the same as all the others and plug looks a little leaner then others. I did do a cold compression test and all looks good (about 165 on all) i do not own a leak down tester but have been looking for an excuse to buy one. Exhaust valve is very white with light lumpy build up, looks a tad worse then the last two cylinders. I know my last two cylinders run leaner then the others, probably poor choice of mods to lower intake.
The injectors are new 80lbs with maybe 3k miles on them. Car is not in running state right now so not allot i can test. I would love to do just a heat test on all 6 primaries to see if its a fuel issue.
I'm leaning towards a bad injector but would like to know what others think. Also any other test i should perform to help narrow the search.

This is where a digital non contact thermometer comes in handy so you can measure the temps of each of the primary tubes to see if you have a cylinder running leaner than the rest. The downside to measuring fuel air ratios post header collector. It looks like a lean condition to me.

Pulled the injector from that port and nothing in the strainer. Going to flow test it and see if it matches the others.

well just flowed the injector and came up the exact same as the #4 injector right at 840cc.

car ran good and put down good dyno #s, no detonation i could hear. I pulled the LT headers to pull the trans and just noticed that clean primary. Thing would idle like crap if i had a wiring issue on that injector.

Only thing i can think of is burnt exhaust valve or lifter issue. Buying a leak down tester and see what it tells me.

Only thing i can think of is burnt exhaust valve or lifter issue. Buying a leak down tester and see what it tells me.

You wouldn't have 165 psi of pressure on all cylinders with a burnt valve. The cylinder with a burnt valve would be significantly off from the others.

Wow go gapless rings, 0% leak down with a motor that has not run in months and 60'F. I guess the only thing left is ignition. My WB is on that bank so i dont see how i could have a cylinder on that side not firing and not see it on my WB threw EA. Now that i know mechanicly she is sound i have to throw it together and get it running.

Back