Strut rod bushings?

Rezid

I'm replacing my strut rod bushings and wanted to know what people on here are using that is successful? Are the scp polyurethane strut rod bushings worth buying or is there something else out there that's quality and a better price?...

I think motorcraft doesn't make strut rod bushings for our cars anymore. If I'm wrong, tell me where?

They make the rubber portion, they don't make the metal sleeves.

If your metal sleeves are damaged, DLF makes some stainless steel replacements.

There's a really healthy thread about these over on TCCoA's forum ... linky.

RwP

I just replaced all these bushings recently. You can do it without ruining the sleeves pretty easily in my opinion. When you tighten the front rod bushings, you crush the sleeve at the back side a bit. You just have work your way around the crushed sleeve with a flat screwdriver/hammer and it will slide right out.

Ford has a listing for the kit which takes care of one front side (2 backing plates, lock-nut, 2 bushings, and sleeves)which is discontinued and expensive, but you would need 2 kits, and still the rear strut rod bushings. You can definitely buy just the bushings as of a couple months ago which is cheap.

I think motorcraft doesn't make strut rod bushings for our cars anymore. If I'm wrong, tell me where?

You can still get the rubber bushings. I just got a set form my FORD dealer. Part #s below.

E9SZ 3B271 A is the very front bushing to the subframe
F7SZ 3A225 AA is the rear bushing to the subframe

E9SZ 3A140 B is the front bushing for strut rod to control arm
E9SZ 3A140 A is the rear bushing for strut rod to control arm

You can still get the rubber bushings. I just got a set form my FORD dealer. Part #s below.

Thanks for the part #'s

Thanks for the info. I was looking for that recently, but couldn't find it.

I don't know if you can get the steel sleeves (ferrules) anymore. If not, and if yours don't come out okay, you can buy a custom-made stainless steel set from DLF.

Does anyone have a link to DLF for the sleeves? Or where can I buy these? (I work for Autozone and I need to look to see if we keep some things in stock)

Back